Go Back   Mosets Community > Mosets Templates > Kinabalu

Old 04-19-2011, 03:03 AM
Mosets'd

Default Main Image in Kinabalu details view Messing Up

I am using Joomla 1.5.22, Mosets Tree version 2.1.10 and Kinabalu listing details templates version 1.4.

For the life of me, I can't figure out what's I'm doing wrong. When I try to use any style of the Kinabalu listing details templates, in the details view of any listing the main image does not appear where it's supposed to be. As a result, my main images are sized inappropriately.

For instance, in the default style and Style 2 details view, the main image is the same width as my website...980 pixels. Therefore, the main image completely covers the listing's entire description.

This only happens when I use the Kinabalu detail templates. If I just use the default M2 templates, I have no issues whatsoever with the main image in details view.

I attached a screenshot to help illustrate this problem.

Any ideas?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg screen-shot.jpg (25.5 KB, 60 views)

Last edited by nathankobielusz; 04-19-2011 at 05:48 AM. Reason: attached a screenshot of my problem
Old 04-19-2011, 06:59 AM
Mosets'd

OK, so just to see what happens to the main image in the Kinabalu details view, I changed the main image width from 100% to 20% in:

com_mtree/templates/kinabalu/template.css

The main image isn't even showing in the second column, it's now left justified above column 1. I'm completely perplexed why this is happening. Attached is a modified image of the previous attachment to the above post I just made.

I haven't made any other changes to the actual .css

In case it helps, I just downloaded teh Kinabalu templates this morning, April 18, 2011. Not sure if any updates were recently made that could be to blame.

I'm lost. Help.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg screenshot2.jpg (27.3 KB, 61 views)
Old 04-19-2011, 11:26 AM
Mosets Team - Lead Developer

Could this be an issue caused by the site template you're using?

Can you share the URL of the page? I'll have a look at it.
Old 04-19-2011, 10:19 PM
Mosets'd

It appears now this is an issue with an image thumbnail plugin I'm using. I found a similar post on this forum here: http://forum.mosets.com/showthread.p...ighlight=image

Like that user, I'm using JoomlArt's ja_thumbnail plugin. I just found this solution, however, so I'm going to wait until our website traffic slows down later in the evening to test the solution of removing "position: absolute" in the plugin's style.css

I can't, however, figure out why this plugin is interfering with the Mosets Tree component. It's only supposed to effect images in articles of particular sections/categories...!?

At any rate, thanks for your help and quick response. Although I'm pretty sure I know the solution after finding this earlier post, here's a link to a page of mine in question (P.S. my main image may still be adjusted to 20% width - this is just a test page right now so it probably won't exist after a couple of days after I revise the Mosets Tree directory)

http://www.basinsradio.com/basin/com...chophouse.html
Old 04-20-2011, 07:11 PM
Mosets'd

For anyone else who may run into a similar problem, it appears my issue was indeed caused by my JoomlArt thumbnail plugin.

As the other post recommended, on the line

.thumbnail {
left:0;
position:absolute;
top:0;
z-index:1;
}

removing "position:absolute;" fixed the problem.

Right now, it does not appear that removing that CSS rule has negatively affected anything else on my site...yet anyways.