Go Back   Mosets Community > Third party Developers, Addons and Services for Mosets components > 3rd party addons & Custom Jobs

Old 05-15-2006, 10:31 PM

Default Google Maps and Mosets Tree

We need quotes on successfully integrating a world-version of Google Maps with Mosets Tree.

Our directory has listings all over the world and we need people to be able to search them via Google Maps.

Please PM your quotes and portfolio links.
Old 05-16-2006, 01:02 AM
Mosets'd

ekal,

Just wanted to let you know I replied to your request on the Joomla forums (via PM with more detailed info).

If you see this first, take a look at:
http://demo.gomoxiemedia.com/compone...ree/Itemid,33/

This is the code for an integration of Google Maps and Mosets Tree that I've recently completed for another client. The code is contained within a Savant2 plug-in which allows you to add a map to any template in Tree.

I've also added a tabbed interface to category listings ( and others ) so that you may browse listings in text form or on a map.

There are limitations with Google's worldwide data but please let me know what features and regions you are interested in and I can let you know if the data is available.

Thanks,
Old 06-13-2006, 02:46 PM
Mosets'd

Hi Sam
did you get this working with hotproperty ??

I would like to know if this works for South Africa.
thanks
TriP
Old 06-16-2006, 06:11 AM
Mosets'd

Trip,

I haven't worked with Hot Property yet. I don't believe that HP uses the Savant2 templating system so there would be some revision necessary to the code. I've been thinking of converting to a mambot which would allow use for single properties but not multiple. At least not in an efficient way that I've thought of yet. I'm sure it can be done, just have to give it some more thought.

Now, the issue with South Africa, that is a bit more difficult. See, Google doesn't actually include geocoding in their API. So I use a couple of other sites to do the Geocoding (conversion from address to latitude/longitude).

UK and US is no problem doing street level geocoding. But I haven't found anywhere that does street level geocoding for South Africa. It'll do city level i.e., Cape Town = -33.9166 18.4166. Those coordinates are for the center of the city. I don't think I can get down to the street address level.
Old 06-16-2006, 08:23 PM
Mosets'd

Hi
thanks for the reply
I will await and see what happens, I am sure google will get the area mapped hopfully in the near future...
TriP
Old 07-14-2006, 04:08 PM

Default Goggle maps Hack added to my site

I found a group of developers that are just fantastic. They helped my website immensely and wrote a hack so I can get a Google Maps "button" in each property. Please view this at www.ipacrashpads.com. Just click any of the buttons in the bottom [SDF-MIA-ONT-ANC] of the splash page and you'll see the properties. Hit any property there and you'll see the Google maps button on the right upper corner. Just hit it and Voila. Let me know what you guys think. BTW, this website is geared to airline pilots renting rooms while commuting to work in those cities. Any ideas to better the website will be appreciated. Thanks.
Old 07-14-2006, 06:10 PM
Mosets'd

Nice integration :-)
you are lucky the service is available in your area ...
still waiting

TriP
Old 12-14-2010, 05:26 PM
Mosets'd

How about the name of the developers! :-)