Go Back   Mosets Community > Archives > Mosets Hot Property 1.0 > Discussions, Troubleshooting and Problems

Old 10-09-2009, 06:20 PM
Mosets'd

Default Agent details on property

Hello, I really hope someone can help, cause I am pulling my hair out with HotProperties on a daily basis - the lack of technical documentation and commenting in the code is REALLY frustrating.

I would like to remove the company field from the agent panel displayed at the bottom of a property listing. I cannot find where this panel is created! I keep seeing a call to loadTemplate('agent'), but i dont know where to find the agent template!!

Aaaargh! Please, if anyone knows how this works, let me know.

Thanks.
Old 10-13-2009, 05:47 AM
Mosets'd

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewdferguson View Post
Hello, I really hope someone can help, cause I am pulling my hair out with HotProperties on a daily basis - the lack of technical documentation and commenting in the code is REALLY frustrating.
I second that whole heartedly.

Look in this file
components\com_hotproperty\views\agent\tmpl\defaul t_agent.php

unless you are talking about a different place then I think.
Old 10-13-2009, 11:21 PM
Mosets'd

Have a look at this thread.
Use this files and you can lookup the code in your browser.

http://forum.mosets.com/showthread.php?t=13412

Regards,
Stijn
Old 02-10-2010, 11:37 AM

I know it's an old thread but i thought i would answer just in case.

Actually if the above replies is wrong if you are using the RC1 version. There is no longer a default_agent.php file.

The one you need to edit is views/agent/tmpl/_info.php
Old 02-10-2010, 03:07 PM
Mosets'd

You have experience with RC1? I donīt suppose you know how to fix the search results second/third/etc page issue - or where the individual properties details page is now generated??

Thanks
Andrew
Old 02-10-2010, 05:54 PM

i think i've read a post about that issue. I'm still in the "cosmetic" phase of development.

But i guess i will face that issue as well. which is bummer.

when i'll get their, i'll you guys know if i found a fix for that.
Old 02-11-2010, 07:51 PM
Mosets'd

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewdferguson View Post
You have experience with RC1? I donīt suppose you know how to fix the search results second/third/etc page issue - or where the individual properties details page is now generated??

Thanks
Andrew
My experience with RC1 is that I am totally devastated about what why have produced. BETA5 was great and had lots of potential. But RC1 is just a programming mess. No idea what the hell they are doing. Trying desperately to get all my module to work with it. It seem that Mosets does not want that 3rd party modules can be created easily any more.
Old 02-11-2010, 08:01 PM
Mosets'd

I couldnt agree more with you. They have ruined what was almost good, and I am lost trying to find where the files are located to change the layout of various standard pages. It was all working fine and the upgrade lost my changes (which I understand), but they dont send out any documentation AT ALL. It is a disaster - especially with all the errors in the code as well. And although I have requested fixes and explanations or help for TWO months, they are absolutely silent about it. I wonder if Mosets still exists, to be honest, and am I looking for alternatives in a hurry before my clients point the finger at me and take me to court for giving them bad advice.
Old 02-11-2010, 09:01 PM
Mosets'd

I have created lots of extensions and modules for the 0.98 version as it was so easy to do.

Since the change to Joomla 1.5 (which is a mess in it self) I understand they had to adapt things to fit the MVC framework. But the way they did it its now impossible to add the seasonal rates extension. And with the RC1 things are even worse. Instead of one controller file where I had all my function HP was missing they have now multiply controller files making it impossible to use standard function and classes. WFT are they smoking? I am a programmer for almost 30 year now and I find it difficult to amend things.

Well maybe I am just getting to old.
Old 02-12-2010, 11:21 AM

yes i must say that customizing the template is way more difficult than before.

some very strange changes that don't make much sense to me.
They seem to use function to generate html with the "MosetHTML" every where rather than using a simple
PHP Code:
<?php echo XXXXX....
to make thing simple.

With simple php tags you can almost re build an entire template so fast and easily. I am well aware that some function are needed and that you can not have everything done with simple tags, but they just pushed "why make it simple when it can complicated" to next level.

Maybe the focus is more on the Mosets Tree for now. let's hope we'll see some great improvement for the stable release.
Old 02-18-2010, 04:15 AM
Mosets'd

These are exactly my feelings on this. What was a very good system with great potential has been totally ruined. I have move away from HP and started making extension for another property component. I dont think HP will survive this change. The system is far to limited now for non-technical people to use. And far to time consuming for technical people to change to make it what it should be. Great shame really.