Go Back   Mosets Community > Mosets Announcements and Discussions > Mosets & Joomla

Old 01-08-2005, 08:42 AM
Mosets Team - Lead Developer

Exclamation Mosets Community Forum upgraded to 3.0.5 - Discuss

Please use this thread to discuss the Mosets Community Forum upgrade.

Have fun!
Old 01-08-2005, 08:47 AM

Just did a quick visit to Mambo Forum and Mambers, the two largest forum for Mambo.

Mambers was quick enough and is using 3.0.5 now. Mamboserver is still with 3.0.3. Just hope they upgrade it soon enough before any worms start to spread taking advantage of the security hole.
Old 01-08-2005, 04:26 PM
Mosets'd

I am about to buy a forum myself, and would like to hear a few strong points you considered when choosing a software for your community. What made you pick up vBulletin over Invision Board, cause that is what you compared it with, right?

So, let us know what makes vBulletin worth serving Mosets Community? I personally prefer Invision Board, not sure why. Probably my eyes like it better. And features aren't that differerent at Invision from those at vBulleting. In fact, it seems to that the CSS is the main difference. Oh yes, and the price. But I'd pay 200$ instead of $160 just because I feel the peace of mind when I operate something I prefer over alternatives. So, there's not the price that bothers me, even if I'd be more than happy not to have to pay, but I got scared enough to give up definitely on phpBB, and probaly things aren't that bad, considering the latest events on the security background, but. Let's talk about power. And I would like to hear opinions. I know, there's thousands of them and tons of threads, but I just feel more confortable to develop my own opinion out of a discussion that I personally take part in.

I'm sure this will help me take a decision.
Cheers.
Alex
Old 01-08-2005, 04:36 PM
Mosets'd

Regarding the Santy Worm, that is just a dirty game and I could suspect both vBulletin and Invision Board to be playing it. Why? Simple. So simple. Tell me an easy way to complete on the market? By distroying the potential concurrence? Is phpBB a thread to the above mentioned? Is phpBB harming their business? Do I have reasons to believe so? umm.. Don't know. Why is Santy that mad at phpBB while the others don't have to worry about... Business, my friends. Enjoy it.

P.S. In the meantime, I have popped in to vbulletin.com and picked up a demo of their product. I'm not sure how Invision Board handles the announcements, I tried to figure that out, but I certainly like the way vBulletin does. Relating announcements to specific forum sections is a nice feature indeed. I'll see what else can be done. Afterall, you can pick up a theme that you enjoy, and have the software that does what you're up to, isn't it...

Last edited by Alex; 01-09-2005 at 08:47 AM.
Old 01-10-2005, 11:08 AM

To be frank, I have never use Invision Board as much as I do with vBulletin, so I can be biased when choosing vB

These are the reasons why we choose vBulletin:
  • 2 of the largest Mambo Forum use vBulletin. Adopting vBulletin for our forum provides a more familiar enviroment to fellow mambers and let them start using it without much learning curve.
  • Easy administration. There are so much of options/tools for admin to use. We can even edit the template without using FTP. The only time we use FTP is during version updates.
  • Pricing.
  • I much prefer the look for vBulletin. Again, I'm biased
Old 01-10-2005, 05:52 PM
Mosets'd

Hehe,

I should say your points of view came to stage a bit late I have alreay made a purchase, and I'd be happy to show the forum working sometime. Anyway, I see what you mean, and I don't think that applies to me, as my website isn't particularily designed to serve mambers I got vBulletin and I like it so far.

Thanks for your directions
Old 01-10-2005, 11:37 PM

So you bought vBulletin for your site?
Old 01-11-2005, 03:58 AM
Mosets'd

Yes, I did CY

I was about to go for Invision Power, but changed my mind, and I feel happy about it, honestly. vBulletin is the one
Old 01-23-2005, 05:50 PM
Mosets'd

Just about time to upgrade again, CY 3.06 is out there
Old 01-26-2005, 11:00 AM

Upgraded!
Old 07-03-2005, 04:55 PM

Default Using external Forum in my mambo site

Hi Guys,

how you integrate this external forum to your website? I think you don't use the wrapper component. Do you make any changes on the index.php from your template?

I want to integrate my external forum to my mambo site too, but I have some trouble using the wrapper component.

Can anyone help me and can give a instruction?

That would be great!

Thanks so lot and best regards
Bastian
Old 07-03-2005, 05:31 PM
Mosets'd

Hi Bastian,

No, we are not using the wrapper for the forum. What we have done is editted the forum template to match the website's background, header and footer. That's all about the integration

Enjoy your weekend!
Old 07-04-2005, 01:32 AM

Hi Alex,

thanks for your answer. Do you have any idea where I can find a HOW TO, that I can do it with my forum too?

thanks so lot and best regards
Bastian