Go Back   Mosets Community > Third party Developers, Addons and Services for Mosets components > 3rd party addons & Custom Jobs

Old 12-18-2006, 12:16 PM

Default New zip code/radius and category search for MT

ZipCodeShop has released a new one-click install component for Mosets Tree that adds zip code/radius and category searches. It is simple to install/uninstall and comes with a commercial zip code database for the USA.

Try it yourself and watch the install video at:

http://www.zipcodeshop.com/

Regards,

Michael W. Chalkley
ZipCodeShop
Old 12-23-2006, 04:54 AM

Default Who supplies the commercial zip code database that you ship

Which commercial zip code database supplier you are using ? How accurate it is ? Do we get unlimited license for the zip code database ?

Do you have documentation ?

I am not comfortable with the price for this component. Moset tree is selling for $99.00 and a componet for it costs $75.00 bucks!! Little hard to grasp the value part of the same.
Old 12-23-2006, 05:08 AM
Mosets'd

Quote:
Originally Posted by palikari View Post
ZipCodeShop has released a new one-click install component for Mosets Tree that adds zip code/radius and category searches. It is simple to install/uninstall and comes with a commercial zip code database for the USA.

Try it yourself and watch the install video at:

http://www.zipcodeshop.com/

Regards,

Michael W. Chalkley
ZipCodeShop
If we buy it now will we get a free upgrade on the next version?
Old 12-23-2006, 06:10 AM

I will answer both questions with this post:

The database is a fully licensed commercial database that normally sells for a minimum of $350.00 for website use. The license is included with the product when you download it. You can view pricing yourself for both U.S. and European databases at:

http://www.grcdi.nl/gfkmacon.htm
http://www.killetsoft.de/p_prei_e.htm

ZipCodeShop provides unlimited zip/postal code updates through the administrative backend for life. We also provide 1 year toll-free and unlimited email/live chat support 24 hours a day. How many other Joomla component developers provide even a toll-free or live chat interface for support?

We will shortly be releasing an International version which will include postal code databases for the UK, Australia, Germany, France, Sweden, etc. (in fact most of the world with lifetime updates) for the same price. Most of the postal code databases cost at least $500 for just one country/one copy and no updates.

Just in case you are still wondering. You receive unlimited updates for your version of the product for life. If you can find a component that offers more for less money, I would suggest you buy it.

Last edited by palikari; 12-23-2006 at 06:11 AM. Reason: typo
Old 12-24-2006, 12:14 AM
Mosets'd

Quote:
Just in case you are still wondering. You receive unlimited updates for your version of the product for life. If you can find a component that offers more for less money, I would suggest you buy it.
Not to sound like a grilling machine but my question is: are you serious about adding cities/counties and if so do you have a time frame in mind and will that be an upgrade to this version or a whole new version?

For the guy trying to justify the cost:

1) The norm is to pay a min of $50 for ANY updates to your zip codes in a zip code database, this guy says they will be free.

2) The value, if any, a zip code search adds to your directory. I see it as adding more content because a zip search (depending on the min radius you use) returns more listings and fewer searches with zero results.
Old 03-02-2007, 08:52 AM

Default Zip Code Search for HP

I purchased the ZIP code search for both MosTree and Hot Properties. I received the one for MosTree, but have heard nothing but promises on the one for HP. I was offered a refund, but was assured the HP one would be out in a few weeks. It's been 3 months now, and they stopped responding to my requests.
Old 03-02-2007, 09:31 AM
Mosets'd

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmay56 View Post
I purchased the ZIP code search for both MosTree and Hot Properties. I received the one for MosTree, but have heard nothing but promises on the one for HP. I was offered a refund, but was assured the HP one would be out in a few weeks. It's been 3 months now, and they stopped responding to my requests.
Nothing I haven't heard before in the world of scripts. They probably ran into a brick wall and are trying to scale it as we speak.
Old 06-03-2007, 07:34 PM
Mosets'd

Default Post code postcode search zipcodeshop

Hello, has anybody installed this component and got it working? I have installed it and its not working, I am told that after paying $99 for the zip component, I now have to neter in the longatude and latitude of each of my 800 listings manulay using this page,

http://www.zipcodeshop.com/index.php...d=71&Itemid=42

or pay $100 for zipcodesearch to do it?

A few things that concern me is the postcode search on there own site doesnt work...

For example:
http://www.zipcodeshop.com/index.php...d=43&Itemid=27

search for united states, post code 82070 (there is a listing with that post code)

search within 20 miles, nothing is found.

So I ust want to know is any one elce having issues?
Old 07-20-2007, 01:57 AM

Default ZipcodeShop not working

Hi, I have the same problem - I can't get ZipcodeShop to work. There doesn't appear to be an database of UK postcodes and the front end search does not find anything. It is supposed to be a few clicks install. I also have 8000 listings to import, but there is no importer options, even though the zipcodeshop website says it is all done automatically.

I have sent several emails with no reply and it is supposed to be 24\7 support.

This is the hardest thing I have installed.

Any help greatly appreciated
Old 09-25-2007, 05:11 AM
Mosets'd

Default Postcode search

Does anyone have a solution for a simple postcode search for hotproperty. I have looked arround for month now and the only glimmer of hop was zipcodeshop which looking at forum they havent got it cracked for hotproperty. I would think is was the hardes job to search for postcodes.

If anyone has a solution or is willing to write this code I will happily send a large donation to them.

Surly there are other hot property client who despraiatly need this like myself.

Thanks for listening.

pip
Old 11-22-2008, 09:06 AM
Mosets'd

Default Update

I realize this is an extremely old thread, but I just can't let it stand the way it is. I bought ZCS today and had trouble. I wasn't able to resolve the problem by myself, so I contacted the web-based chat-style support. A rep named Evan worked with me for nearly an hour and he did a magnificent job.

The ZCS component and module are working splendidly for me on my site. The support was top notch. I have no doubt everybody else knows this by now, but the last word on this thread should say so. Those guys worked hard for my money.

Thanks!
Old 01-23-2009, 02:00 AM
Mosets'd

Default NEW Zip Code Search Product

The real last word is that ZCS is apparently out of business. They had a great product, and for a while they were VERY responsive to all calls. I spent a lot of time there and i thought the product was fantastic.

About 4 to 5 months ago (August 2008) the chat starting going offline more than it was online. This was about the time that gas prices were sky high and everyone was hurting. Soon after that, about mid-October 2008 the chat went dark and has not returned (today is January 22, 2009).

During that time I got excuse after excuse as to why the software was not coming out. I was told that the server was being updated several times; the licensing module was being changed; they were moving to new offices; the code was being tested; my code was being uploaded "Right Now"; we have a huge F500 client now; we are changing the support structure etc.

Fundamentally I believe they are out of business. It saddens me but the show must go on. I hope they can recover, and get back to doing what they do best.

In the meantime, I am interested in seeing who would like to explore a new product of this type? First, are there any others out there worth the trouble? If not then how about a fork or new venture? I am considering hiring either a Joomlancer, Elancer or searching the joomla boards for a dev, that I can pay. Anyone else interested can contact me at: mark@harrisis.com

Thanks

RIP ZCS (it was a great run)
Old 02-04-2009, 07:45 AM
Mosets'd

I am willing to pitch in too.
I was told the geocoding will be fast and on server in new version.
was also told that they were going to have a plugin to send SMS(text message) of the listing.
i have a directory of almost 500000 , so i really need ZCS.
I think they are gone ....i hope they are not
Manny
Old 02-25-2009, 06:33 PM
Mosets'd

ive been in communication with zipcodeshop regarding their trial versions of the mosets plugin. given that im on the other side of the planet, ive been getting fast responses (within 24hrs) to all of my queries, and all responses have been helpful (resetting trial licenses and answering questions)
my first question was whether they were still in business, to which i received a positive reply...
note, i have not purchased anything yet, so i cannot comment on their after sales service.
make what you want of this info
km
Old 02-25-2009, 09:41 PM
Mosets'd

how are you communicating with them? email? telephone? Thanks
Old 02-26-2009, 05:42 AM
Mosets'd

email, via their customer support email (jeff)
as I said, it has so far to assist with installing the trial version (which I might add I have working), namely re issuing of the trial license file.
Old 02-26-2009, 05:51 AM
Mosets'd

can you send me the email address you use?
Old 02-26-2009, 05:55 AM
Mosets'd

on another note, a few functionality items i have found with zip code search
after a listing has been created by a user, it needs to be geocoded at the back end before that listing will appear in the zipcode search. this is also true after a listing has been edited. this is ok if your listings require approval by the back end prior to publishing, but if publishing is automatic then you're stuffed as far as i can work out. either that or you need to routinely run the geocode (i wonder if this can be as an automatic script every 5 mins or so...)

the geocode application works fine, but i have not tested it with a large number of entries. given that it trawls through all entries each time, im only guessing that with a large site, its going to be a tedious process each time.

additionally, it uses the core state, address, country, postcode fields and im not sure if it can be hacked to use custom fields (which id like it to do so i can have dropdown lists for some of those)
given that im in australia, and everything in this planet seems to be written for the usa, im pretty happy that it works upsidedown

as for plaat's comment that a search of 82070 does not return a listing, there are two listings within 50 mi of the postcode. as far as i can work out, the postcode search centres on the middle of the postcode region, so if it is a large post code area, you will need to specify a large radius to find listings, otherwise if you are more specific, like specifiing the township, the radius search can be smaller to get teh desired result, either that or they have not geocoded the listing yet, in which case it will never appear in a zipcodesearch
Old 03-01-2009, 02:16 PM
Mosets'd

tried to pm... didnt work
customer-support@zipcodeshop.com
Old 03-16-2009, 09:23 AM
Mosets'd

emailed them...no reply over 1 week..now
Old 03-31-2009, 12:52 AM

Default THey do seem to be there

They are there, I've bought something from them. However support has been hit and miss. Sometimes answered, sometimes not - Jeff seems to respond, though.

EDIT-

Since buying something, can no longer contact them.

Maybe me and everyone else on here are just unlucky and even though it comes across as though zipcodeshop are continuing to sell something they know they won't deliver - that's actually not the case. I personally wouldn't call zipcodeshop dishonest or advise anyone to stay well away from them, until I had more evidence. There may well be one satisfied (possibly insane - it still counts) customer I know nothing about it, who will make the numerous complainants I do know about, realise they had somehow got it wrong.

Last edited by zaphod71; 04-28-2009 at 09:33 PM. Reason: typo
Old 04-28-2009, 01:52 AM
Mosets'd

I have had both MTree search and CB search for about a year now and at first I was 100% Satisfied, with excellent support and constant communication. And now, a few months later their service and ANY support have vanished.

I have received numerous promise's, and countless e-mails have been sent to them requesting that they either A. Release the source to people who have paid so we can update the software ourselves or B. Provide us with support as that is what we have paid for.

Additionally, they provide a support phone number which not one of them answer. As of now their website was supposed to be update between the 21 - 24 and still today the 27th the message still pops up.

zipcodeshop - do us all a favor and release the source code unencrypted and without license needs if your going to vanish.

James
Old 04-28-2009, 09:13 PM

Yes, I have to agree with clanspot. I also think it's bordering on deception to carry on selling something which is supposed to include support, if you know you are not going to support it.

If you are not a going concern, or are abandoning the product (after taking the money), keeping it encrypted for those who've bought it seems a little malicious. It makes sure no one else can support it, develop it or fix it, even those who have purchased it. This is especially problematic as there are a few flaws in the component (don't even get me started on the module!)

I have received no response from any emails since I bought it - even to such innocuous questions as "will there be a native 1.5 version?"

It's a shame, because on the whole, it's quite a good component and with the right support and development I would have been happy.

On a more positive note, can anybody recommend an equivalent?

Last edited by zaphod71; 04-28-2009 at 09:20 PM.
Old 04-28-2009, 09:27 PM
Mosets'd

Ok, so here is just some of the Bullshit that these guys are telling me. Keep in mind this e-mail is dated 3/12 which is the last time anyone (Jeff) got back with me....

In my opinion there are really only a couple of options at this point.

1. Contact the Better Business Bureau and file a complaint and that may get them to respond.
2. Pay me to drive there and I will make them give me the software, I only live a few hours from their "supposed" offices.

I am not one for confrontation but I am utterly pissed off that like you said they can not answer simple questions or provide support for a damn module.

I am fixing to submit yet another support ticket and e-mail, if I do not receive a response the BBB is getting an e-mail from me.

This is the owners e-mail address: michael.chalkley@zipcodeshop.com

Thanks,
James

Quote:
James:

Look for the new bugfix.

Regards,

Jeff Black
Customer Support
ZipCodeShop.com

On Thu, 2009-03-12 at 15:48 -0500, James Helms wrote:
> Bug fix for what? I was supposed to receive DAILY updates regarding
> the Module. And I didn't. So, are you all going to fix the issue as I
> was promised? Why do you all not answer the contact phone number?
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: ZipCodeShop Customer Support
> [mailto:customer-support@zipcodeshop.com]
> Sent: Thursday, March 12, 2009 3:44 PM
> To: James Helms
> Subject: RE: Zip Code Shop: Search Module and Templates?
>
> James:
>
> You asked for our status. I provided it. It sounds like you really
> didn't need our status just an answer to your specific issue.
>
> The new bugfix release will fix these issues. If at that point you
> wish to upgrade that will be up to you.
>
> I don't have an exact time frame for the new bugfix but it should be
> before the end of the month.
>
> Regards,
>
> Jeff Black
> Customer Support
> ZipCodeShop.com
>
> On Thu, 2009-03-12 at 15:35 -0500, James Helms wrote:
> > The issues addressed in these e-mails have NEVER been followed up on
> > as promised, so I have outstanding issues.
> >
> > I have made 2 - 3 Phone Calls which I left voicemails.
> >
> > I have sent numerous e-mails as well both to this e-mail and
> > directly to Michael Chalkely and no response.
> >
> > So besides your upgrades and new ideas for support old issues should
> > be followed up and completed.
> >
> > Anyhow, the point behind this e-mail is that I have request support
> > from you, Evan, Michael and have only now received an update for my
> issues.
> > This support has stretched out for 4 months and to be quite honest
> > is ridiculous no matter how you look at it.
> >
> > James
> >
> > -----Original Message-----
> > From: ZipCodeShop Customer Support
> > [mailto:customer-support@zipcodeshop.com]
> > Sent: Thursday, March 12, 2009 3:22 PM
> > To: James Helms
> > Subject: RE: Zip Code Shop: Search Module and Templates?
> >
> > James:
> >
> > I checked and this is the first email we received from you in quite
> > a while.
> >
> > We received a pretty significant investment and have been using it
> > to revamp our site and increase our customer base. We sell a pretty
> > significant number of copies each day and are not really worried
> > about
>
> > all the talk at the moment. We are here and will soon be launching
> > our
>
> > new site. We passed our thousandth customer some time ago and
> > realized
>
> > that supporting this size customer base requires some revamping of
> > our
>
> > support infrastructure.
> >
> > Without going into too much detail we sell about 50% of our
> > components
>
> > to small businesses/individuals and 50% to large business. The small
> > companies buy one time and once they are installed we usually don't
> > see any spending from them again (maybe a repeat purchase in the
> > next
> > 48 months). We do have to spend money on customer support. The
> > larger businesses spend the equivalent of a dozen single licenses
> > and more over the next few months of their purchase.
> >
> > Many of the smaller customers are still learning how Joomla works so
> > were spending customer support time on issues like how to install
> > ionCube or set up templates. It was proving unfair and costly to
> > provide this unlimited support for free.
> >
> > So we are moving to a new model where everyone supports new
> development.
> > We will be releasing one giant bugfix version of the product that
> > supports both 1.0.x and 1.5.x and then that is it. The new "Pro"
> > product will only support 1.5.x and will have a reasonable annual
> > maintenance fee for upgrades. You will get trouble ticket (which
> > will be a new
> > system) and forum support plus seven days of live chat for a new
> > purchase. Existing customers who install the bugfix or upgrade to
> > Pro for a discount will also get seven days of live chat to help
> > them with
>
> > the new features.
> >
> > So our smaller customers will get seven days of live chat for their
> > new purchase plus a year of trouble ticket and forum support. They
> > have the option of purchasing additional live chat and
> > telephone-based
>
> > support for a fee (either annual or per-incident). If our smaller
> > customers pay the annual upgrade fee this will entitle them to new
> > versions plus continued access to the trouble ticket system and
> forums.
> >
> > This will make sure that everybody is supporting development and
> > paying for the service they receive. It also will allow us to pay
> > for the expansion of our support staff and implementation of new features.
> >
> > Finally, the new Pro version will include a number of new plugins. I
> > can't provide too many details at the moment but they consist of our
> > most asked for modifications.
> >
> > All this will be included in a new announcement email shortly to all
> > our customers. Once you receive it the new site will be accessible
> > under your login name you received after your purchase.
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > Jeff Black
> > Customer Support
> > ZipCodeShop
> >
> >
> >
> > On Thu, 2009-03-12 at 14:00 -0500, James Helms wrote:
> > > What is the status of your business? I have made several phone
> > > calls
>
> > > and several e-mail attempts with no response.
> > >
> > > If you have closed the doors you should release your code as open
> > > source to people who have paid for it so we may continue to
> > > upgrade and develop it ourselves.
> > >
> > > James
> > >
> > > -----Original Message-----
> > > From: ZipCodeShop Customer Support
> > > [mailto:customer-support@zipcodeshop.com]
> > > Sent: Monday, December 15, 2008 11:02 PM
> > > To: James Helms
> > > Subject: Re: Zip Code Shop: Search Module and Templates?
> > >
> > > James:
> > >
> > > We upgraded a number of our servers this weekend. You may have
> > > gotten a bounce (over quota) message if you sent an email this
> > > morning to customer-support. We had to reconfigure the server as
> > > delivered and then accept the email which had backed up. We are
> > > just
>
> > > now catching up
> >
> > > with all our email.
> > >
> > > All of our new servers are now up and running and being "burned-in".
> > >
> > > I will be heading home shortly but will have your mods available
> > > in the morning.
> > >
> > > Regards,
> > >
> > > Jeff Black
> > > Customer Support
> > > ZipCodeShop.com
> > >
> >
> > email message attachment
> > > -------- Forwarded Message --------
> > > From: James Helms <hjames@contechnet.com>
> > > To: customer-support@zipcodeshop.com
> > > Subject: Attn: Jeff
> > > Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2008 13:32:34 -0500
> > >
> > > James Helms: Hey Evan
> > >
> > >
> > > James Helms: Any update?
> > >
> > >
> > > Evan Kanon: Yes, Jeff is checking the templates as a final step.
> > > He was emailing you for a list of everything you needed to make
> > > sure they were all covered.
> > >
> > >
> > > James Helms: I hadn't received anything from him yet. The template
> > > is not a major thing at this point. The primary thing is the
> > > module and getting it functioning properly.
> > >
> > >
> > > Evan Kanon: If you can email to customer-support@zipcode. He is
> > > working on both.
> > >
> > >
> > > Evan Kanon: Just make sure you send him a list he can match against.
> > >
> > >
> > > James Helms: As for the template my only need is for it to work
> > > similar to the CB Search here:
> > > http://www.industrialjobs.org/index....bzcssearch&Ite
> > > mi
> > > d=61
> > > <http://www.industrialjobs.org/index....cbzcssearch&It
> > > em
> > > id=6
> > > 1> The problem now is there is a map that serves no real function
> > > 1> at
> > > the search page. I would like to eliminate it.
> > >
> > >
> > > James Helms: Oh, ok!
> > >
> > > My site: http://www.industrialjobs.org
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > > James Helms
> > > Contech Control Services, Inc.
> > > Purchasing Specialist
> > > 2801 Sens Road
> > > La Porte, Texas 77571
> > >
> > > Subject: Attn: Evan
> > > Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2008 12:02:57 -0500
> > >
> > > Evan, here are the project details we discussed a few moments ago.
> > > If you could see about putting together a proposal to do each job
> > > 1
> > > - 4 individually so I can get an estimate of time/cost.
> > >
> > > Thanks again for all of your help.
> > >
> > > Send any files to: underground_computing@yahoo.com
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > > James Helms
> > > 2801 Sens Road
> > >
> > > Subject: Customized php file for Module
> > > Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2008 16:07:47 -0500
> > >
> > > Thanks Evan for your help.
> > >
> > > The search at http://www.industrialjobs.org is my site and how I
> > > would like it to work. Unfortunately it does not the way I have
> > > the code comment out right now. I want to eliminate the Country
> > > field all together but have the javascript know where the user is located.
> > >
> > > Call me if you need to.
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > > James Helms
> > > 2801 Sens Road
> > >
> > > <customer-support@zipcodeshop.com>
> > > To: James Helms <hjames@contechnet.com>
> > > Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2008 04:19:31 -0500
> > >
> > > James:
> > >
> > > Mike wanted me to provide you with a daily status update.
> > >
> > > We are just now settling into our new offices. You are first on my
> list for this morning after I set up my workstation and office.
> > >
> > > Regards,
> > >
> > > Jeff Black
> > > Customer Support
> > > ZipCodeShop.com
> > >
> > > <customer-support@zipcodeshop.com>
> > > To: James Helms <hjames@contechnet.com>
> > > Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2008 00:01:35 -0500
> > >
> > > James:
> > >
> > > We upgraded a number of our servers this weekend. You may have
> > > gotten a bounce (over quota) message if you sent an email this
> > > morning to customer-support. We had to reconfigure the server as
> > > delivered and then accept the email which had backed up. We are
> > > just
>
> > > now catching up with all our email.
> > >
> > > All of our new servers are now up and running and being "burned-in".
> > >
> > > I will be heading home shortly but will have your mods available
> > > in the morning.
> > >
> > > Regards,
> > >
> > > Jeff Black
> > > Customer Support
> > > ZipCodeShop.com
> > >
> > > To: Michael W. Chalkley <michael.chalkley@zipcodeshop.com>
> > > Subject: RE: Zip Code Shop: Search Module and Templates?
> > > Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2008 00:43:06 -0500
> > >
> > > Michael, I appreciate your help as you have helped me in the past.
> > >
> > > I can't stress from a buyer/user standpoint how important support
> > > is
> for a paid product, especially when results are promised. I will be
> looking for an e-mail from Jeff and await his response. If I have not
> heard from him by Thursday I may send you another e-mail in hopes you
> can give him a nudge.
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > > James
> > >
> > >
> > > -----Original Message-----
> > > From: Michael W. Chalkley
> > > [mailto:michael.chalkley@zipcodeshop.com]
> > > Sent: Mon 12/8/2008 11:38 PM
> > >
> > > James:
> > >
> > > We have a new significant investor/licensee for ZipCodeShop
> technology.
> > >
> > > We have been using the Thanksgiving holiday to update our site and
> > > move to a new location. Some of the support requests have been
> > > missed in the interim. I have forwarded an email to Jeff Black to
> > > make sure this gets resolved.
> > >
> > > Regards,
> > >
> > > Michael W. Chalkley
> > > CEO
> > > ZipCodeShop
> > >
> > > On Tue, 2008-12-09 at 00:33 -0500, James Helms wrote:
> > > > This is an enquiry e-mail via http://www.zipcodeshop.com from:
> > > > James Helms <hjames@contechnet.com>
> > > >
> > > > I have been requesting some mild support for more then 3 weeks
> > > > now
> and received no e-mails or modified files as promised.
> > > >
> > > > Generally it wouldn't be a big issue but when being told 2 and 3
> times I will have it the next day and so forth you start to doubt the
> service of the company you have purchased products from.
> > > >
> > > > This is currently the 2nd or 3rd time I have received NO support.
> Kind of concerned.
> > > >
> > > > Thanks,
> > > > James l. Helms - underground_computing@yahoo.com
> > > >
> > > >
> > >
> > >
> > > To: Michael Chalkley <michael.chalkley@zipcodeshop.com>
> > > Subject: RE: Zip Code Shop: Product Purchase
> > > Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2009 14:19:56 -0500
> > >
> > > What is going on with the site?
> > >
> > > ________________________________
> > >
> > > From: Michael Chalkley [mailto:michael.chalkley@zipcodeshop.com]
> > > Sent: Thursday, June 12, 2008 12:52 AM
> > > Subject: Re: Zip Code Shop: Product Purchase
> > >
> > >
> > > James:
> > >
> > > For some reason there was a delay in Paypal notification to our
> server.
> > > I have attached it to this email.
> > >
> > > Thank you for your purchase. I have attached the 2.0.6a version to
> > > this email. As we are continuously improving functionality and
> > > compatibility, any feedback is appreciated.
> > >
> > > The most up-to-date install instructions are available in this
> video:
> > >
> > > http://www.zipcodeshop.com/index.php...ent&task=view&
> > > id
> > > =107
> > > &Itemid=51
> > >
> > > Google is currently limiting geocoding to 15,000 listings per IP
> > > address during a 24-hour period.
> > >
> > > If you have any questions, initiate a Live Support chat or email
> > > customer-support@zipcodeshop.com.
> > >
> > > Regards,
> > >
> > > Michael W. Chalkley
> > > CEO
> > > ZipCodeShop
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > On 6/12/08 1:41 AM, "James" <hjames@contechnet.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > > This is an enquiry e-mail via http://www.zipcodeshop.com from:
> > > > James <hjames@contechnet.com>
> > > >
> > > > I just purchased the ZCS Latest Version for Mosets Tree but do
> > > > not
>
> > > > see
> > > where I
> > > > am able to download it.
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > Very urgent!
> > > >
> > > >
> > >
>

Last edited by clanspot; 04-28-2009 at 10:17 PM.
Old 04-28-2009, 09:49 PM
Mosets'd

I agree will all above, ZCS needs to release the code to buyers or support the product.
Manny
Old 04-28-2009, 09:57 PM
Mosets'd

Here is the e-mail that I just sent them:

Quote:
Well, yet another request for support and still no sign of reponse from the evasive team at zipcodeshop.

Attached are "some" of my e-mails and rest assured there are a lot more full of issues and complaints. As of yet I am still waiting for my module to be fixed, the component to be update and remove the bugs and to be quite honest I am sick of waiting. My honest suggestion since you can't seem to respond to anyones e-mails is release your source code unencrypted so that us paid members can upgrade our own products. Some of us have sites which need completion and your only holding us back.

If you can not provide some response in the next 24 - 48 hours I will assume your project is abandoned and take further action to ensure myself and others who are having problems are re-embursed to some extent. Your lack of support and response is simply unacceptable.

Thanks,
James L. Helms
713-586-****

I also attached about 10 - 15 e-mails requesting support, or them replying back saying I will get it.. etc!

Dated from 11/08 - 4/09

Tired of the bullshit!
Old 04-28-2009, 10:13 PM

Default Seems fair

Sent a similar one myself. I feel sure we'll get a positive reply........

James, I noticed you edited out your mobile/cell on the last post - you may want to check your previous post.
Old 04-28-2009, 10:20 PM
Mosets'd

Thanks buddy!

I agree that we will probably receive one, but I am not going to get my hopes up. If all else fails I can resort to having the Encryption Decoded and rebuilt properly by someone who specializes in this sort of thing.

If so, that will offer completely unencrypted source for us to update and maintain ourselves. This maybe the ultimate solution anyways.

If anyone else is interested please let me know and I will do the research and find the cost and we can all go in on it together to reduce any kind of high price. For myself this kind of search is essential and I can not live without it.

Of course I am not supporting any kind of malicious software pirating, simply offering a solution if either NO response is returned or a NEGATIVE one is returned.

Anyone want in?

James
Old 04-28-2009, 10:52 PM

Default No problem

No problem. I was being a tad sarcastic in my response (doesn't seem to translate transatlantically too well!) I think there's no chance of a response, but I feel as if there is no other option left.

The sad thing is I really think they had the best of intentions and had a great product, but for whatever reasons, didn't have the other talents needed to run a business or provide a proper service.

Rather than stepping up a gear and making amends, they seem to have relied on half truths to deflect themselves from the unappetising truth that they have degenerated into what has become a frankly embarrassing shadow of what they and their product could have been.

To be honest, I'm writing it off as a loss and a lesson learned. If you don't know much about a company, only deal with people you can physically get hold of, or at the very least, can be pursued through the laws and procedures of your own country. Otherwise be prepared to lose your money. I thought it was only $100 and so a legitimate gamble. I didn't take into account the amount of wasted time and associated delaying costs. An expensive lesson, but its learned.

Don't suppose anyone knows of an alternative?
Old 04-28-2009, 11:00 PM
Mosets'd

Good reply, and unfortunately I do not know of an alternative outside of coding one ourselves or through a Freelancer. Because I do not know anything about Googles Map Api I can not do it myself like some other things.

If you want I can ask my buddy who is familiar and see if he would be willing to charge us to build a similar component.

Or we can look at the un-encryption which I found a site: http://www/unzend.com who will decode the files at $7 each. I am not sure how many files are encoded but this maybe the cheapest route.

I have submit an enquery to them to find out what the process is and the files integrity after it has been decoded.

Your thoughts?

James