Go Back   Mosets Community > Archives > Mosets Hot Property 1.0 > Discussions, Troubleshooting and Problems

Old 01-21-2009, 02:18 PM

Default Pre-sale question

Hello everybody,

I'm new to HP and I'm eveluating the purchase for a holiday rentals website.

1- One of the key features I defenitively need is the ability to let user check the availability of a property, but I know that the current version is not working on Joomla 1.5
Does anybody have a rough idea of when an update will be available?

2- Are registered users automatically enabled to add/edit properties?

3- Will agents be able to click a map admin side on google maps in order to show the property location "guest side"? I've seen many hacks to show maps, but I'm not sure houw users/agents do that admin side

4- Providing that I will offer a paid service which is best way to charge agents on a time basis? is there a module on HP that does that?

5- I would like the site to be fully multilingual and I heard HP is compatible with Joomfish. Are there any implications/drawbacks with such a feature? What about property description? is it possible to have them in different languages? or just one description for all website language?

Many thanks
Old 01-21-2009, 04:40 PM
Mosets Team - Lead Developer

Hello there,

1) We don't have a time estimate yet at this point as we are working towards HP 1.0 stable.

2) No. But you can do that by using Agent plugin. Publishing this plugin will promote any newly created registered users to become agent and enable them to submit properties to your site.

3) HP does not have such feature where the properties are shown on a map.

4) No, HP does not have a module that charges agent for listing.

5) HP does not officially support Joomfish at this point but there has been effort by our users to make it work with Joomfish.
Old 01-21-2009, 05:39 PM
Mosets'd

4) No, HP does not have a module that charges agent for listing.

Tips is that you check the AEC component AEC 0.12.6RC2o from https://globalnerd.org/index.php/Development-Forum/https://globalnerd.org/index.php/Development-Forum/

Free GPL product but support the core dev Skore - David is recommended with a subscription if you start using the prod.
Old 01-21-2009, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dknight View Post

1) We don't have a time estimate yet at this point as we are working towards HP 1.0 stable.
Ok, thanks. And I suppose is not a great idea to install joomla 1.0.x just to make the availability hack available for HP, isn't it?
Better to wait for an update? What's your advice? Is there a way for someone with some php knowledge to rearrange the availability module and make it work with joomla 1.5?
Old 01-21-2009, 07:16 PM

And just another question re. languages:
I would like the admin/agents section to be in Italian (mainly) whilst the visitors' side should be mainly in English. Any advice on how to achieve that?

Does joomla recognize the browser's language?

Is there a reason why the font resize buttons don't work on my new install (joomla 1.5 with ja_purity template)?

Thank you