Go Back   Mosets Community > Mosets Announcements and Discussions > Mosets & Joomla

Old 05-02-2018, 02:17 AM
Mosets'd

Default Description texts disappears after Category chosen

I've been thinking people just can't figure out how to assign a category, but I just realized that if you choose a category when inputting a listing (front or backend) the description field disappears. (Not really, it comes back after you save, but you can't see it.)
OR, if you haven't put anything in the description field and pick a category, the description field locks and you can't write anything.

This only happens with JCE Editor. If I say "no wysiwyg editor on front end" it doesn't lock once a category is picked.

I'm using JCE because it is the only thing that lets me strip curly quotes out of things automatically and the curly quotes and em dashes are killing me in other areas that use this data.

So my question...

1. Can we make it NOT lock when a category is picked when using JCE?
2. And if not, any way to strip curly quotes etc out of the native description box?

The bit that works in JCE is:

Remove by Regular Expression

/\u2013|\u2014|\u2018|\u2019|\u201c|\u201d|\u00E9|\ u007b|\u007d/