Go Back   Mosets Community > Archives > Mosets Hot Property 1.0 > Discussions, Troubleshooting and Problems

Old 06-03-2009, 01:30 PM

Default New update: any idea when?

Hi Dev.

It's not to put pressure or anything. I know developing takes time. But it's been a long while since there was not updates (last beta version is dated about 6 months ago). And since most hacks and discussion revolve around features very popular/requested and that are mostly part of wish list, it would be good to know where HP is standing.

Is there any ideas of when and what will be the next update?

It would simply be nice to be informed.

cheers
Old 06-04-2009, 10:41 PM
Mosets'd

I think Mr Lee have some help from dev Antonie Bernier so maybe we will have some update/news here soon I hope also.
Old 06-05-2009, 10:10 AM

Yes i hope so too that it will move a bit faster now.
Cause 6 months between 2 beta release is quite long.

As an example, you have many people trying to have google map included as the functionality (and so am i) which is quite a standard function now a days. The only way to do so is to pay a 3PD or playing around with some hacks, that will be in time useless and make everything a nightmare if/when updating.

anyhow, let's hope for the best. It is a great extension after all.
Old 06-09-2009, 05:03 PM

I hope mr.Lee could give us a new estimate, it's difficult to plan something in advance if you don't have any reliable info...
I'm telling this because after stable version I'll have to wait for 3d party devs to adapt their code and here's one developer's statement:
"HP is in a beta release. just look at beta 4 and 3- there is very big difference in code.
So, I'm waiting for a stable release before investing time in developing add-ons for HP 1.0"
It seems it will be a long path...
Old 06-10-2009, 11:23 AM

yes exactly.

My client wants to add the google map to his HP site.

Now i saw some hacks around forums, but i know it's one the most resquested feature of HP. And it's been added to Mosets Tree.

So if i pay to get the hack installed, show the client how to use it, and then comes the HP upgrade with it, which will then be a different way of doing it as it will be a native functionality of HP; what am i suppose to explain to the client and also it means that i went through some custom work (hack always require playing around with code) for nothing= waste of time and money.
Does not look good really.

So if we just knew an estimate, then i can judge if it's worth using a hack or waiting for the feature.
In any case basically it will just help HP clients to know where HP goes and what to do.

Thant's it. Again, we know that it's hard when you dev to give a precise roadmap. But some indications a long the dev, is always very appreciated.
Old 06-18-2009, 06:46 PM
Mosets'd

Question

Any news how things going for you guys?
Old 06-18-2009, 07:21 PM

nop , nothing at all.

which is pretty annoying. Even though i doubt it, but it start to feel like the project is not left alone.

no reply from anywhere.
Old 06-19-2009, 04:42 PM
Mosets Team - Lead Developer

Hi guys,

Here's a quick update. The upcoming beta is getting close to completion now pending a few more tasks. This update will see a complete revamp of the front-end's code base with the introduction of new Mosets framework.

If you're looking for Google Maps support, it won't have any, so if you need it now, I would say to go a head with the mods. Our plan is to come up with a solid foudation for Hot Property before we start introducing features like this.
Old 06-19-2009, 05:51 PM

Here you go. That's all that was needed on my side. just to know what's up.

So now i will head to the mod to include google map.
But since you mentioned that there will be a complete revamp of the front end. Is it likely to affect existing mod/hacks (i'm talking in general)?

The update sounds good. I understand the concept of preparing the ground for future features.

cheers
Old 06-25-2009, 05:19 PM

Maybe now that Mosets tree 2.1 is out you are more focused on HP and maybe you could tell us more or less how far is the next or stable version??
Old 07-06-2009, 07:14 PM

Really, no update? not even a hint? 2 blocking bugs to squash, 1 of them, a bunch of them, maybe one, 2 weeks to correct them, only a few days...
I must decide in these days if I have to stay with HP or go with other solutions, please let us know!
Old 07-07-2009, 05:43 PM

Here's what I can share with you now - we hope to have beta 5 released by this month.
Old 07-14-2009, 05:50 AM
Mosets'd

If I purchase the beta 4 now, and make changes to the layout and extra fields, will I have to do it all again when i upgrade to beta 5??
Old 07-14-2009, 11:28 AM

The new beta will use almost the same database schema, so no table changes are required - which means you will retained all your data with this upgrade.

The layout on the other hand has undergone significant changes. Which means any template override you have done on beta 4 will not be usable in Beta 5. We have done a lot of improvements in this area.

If you are making changes to the layout in Beta 4, you will need to redo this on beta 5.
Old 07-21-2009, 10:20 PM
Mosets'd

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by dknight View Post
Here's what I can share with you now - we hope to have beta 5 released by this month.
Well really looking forward to this one!

Hope you also improve the spam coming from contact enquiry form.

See this thread the latest posts http://www.mosets.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9651
Old 07-21-2009, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssnobben View Post
Well really looking forward to this one!
Let's hope this time hopes will come to reality, last month there was the same forecast....
anyway, about spam, I just replyed to your thread suggesting http://recaptcha.net/ as a reliable captcha system
Old 07-26-2009, 05:36 PM
Mosets'd

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by teddy View Post
Let's hope this time hopes will come to reality, last month there was the same forecast....
anyway, about spam, I just replyed to your thread suggesting http://recaptcha.net/ as a reliable captcha system
Yes there is spam robots coming in with spam from the enquirer form to HP 1.0 and we need a way to stop it. Hope Mr Lee have a solution for the new beta5 for this..
Old 07-28-2009, 09:06 PM
Mosets'd

I too am waiting. At this point, I have Beta4 operating and was ready to launch my updated site. Now the mail function doesn't work (yes I have applied the patch and others) and so I'm still hopelessly stuck in Joomla! 1.0.xx :-( Very sad. I don't want to continue to hack at this. This is a commercial component - it's not like we are complaining about a freebee. I would love to pay you guys for a version that f'n works!
Old 07-31-2009, 09:57 PM
Mosets'd

Question

Any updates how thing going Mr Lee?

rgds
Old 08-10-2009, 01:24 AM
Mosets'd

Have this been released yet??
Old 08-14-2009, 06:10 PM

Not yet, but we are close. All major work have been completed. We're now in QC stage, checking things off and fine tuning every part of the component before releasing it.
Old 08-15-2009, 02:15 AM
Mosets'd

Default Glad to hear you're close

We're really looking forward to this next release. We'll keep checking back but it would be cool if you could send us a email or something to let us know when its ready.
Old 08-17-2009, 07:46 PM

You can subscribe to our News RSS or Announcement forum:

http://www.mosets.com/index2.php?opt...S2.0&no_html=1
http://forum.mosets.com/subscription...bscription&f=2
Old 08-20-2009, 09:35 PM
Mosets'd

Hi,

Could you please clarify which elements will be updated? I do not want to make modifications that will be overwriten with the Beta 5 release.

"In Beta 4, we have improved a lot of things under the hood by completely rewriting the back-end and at the same time we have been working on a new Hot Property framework . This will pave way for faster development in the future for 1.x series."

This would suggest there won't be any major changes in Beta 5??
Old 08-20-2009, 10:39 PM

My guess is that they gearing up for Joomla! 1.6
Since that new joomla! version is around the corner with great major changes, as much as i don't like to say it cause i would like to see updates now now, on a developer and business point of view it make more sense to delay and make sure your product is ready right away for that new major release.

You can see a some other major 3PD doing the same. There are a lot of alpha and beta out there right now !!!

cheers
Old 08-21-2009, 12:05 PM

@blairthomson
Almost all front-end codes has been rewritten. Output is revamped with new semantic codes and CSS. More details later when this is release. Point is, output overrides in b4 will not be compatible with b5. The only way to move up is to use the new default output and make changes from there.
Old 08-21-2009, 05:26 PM
Mosets'd

Will the new version allow for properties to be referenced by a definable property ID?

This is such a small thing but essential to the maintenance of multiple real estate properties. Searching through them in either to front or back end in alphabetical order is really time consuming.

If not, has anyone come up with a workaround?
Old 08-21-2009, 05:41 PM
Mosets'd

Thanks for the info - its great that someone on the Mosets team is so responsive.

By "output overrides" you mean HTML overides? Will templates remain the same?

Also, if the upgrade is not made - will there still be support for beta 4?

I am due to start a new project and I obviously don't want to have to 're-do' work.
Old 08-25-2009, 06:00 PM

@mwjones
No such feature is added.

@blairthomson
I try my best to whenever there are information to share with our users.

By output overrides, I mean the files you add to your template's /html directory to override Hot Property output. So yes, that's what I meant. The underlying codes that output the HTML is revamp, so they are not the same. The frame and layout is still the same, but a lot of things have changed in this version during our refactoring.

The change in b5 is fairly big, and we understand if some users choose not to upgrade on their existing production site. In that case, we will continue supporting them.

For new project, I would suggest to hold on to your work until b5 is released. You'll find save time upgrading and have a new sheet to work on.
Old 08-25-2009, 10:54 PM
Mosets'd

I currently have a custom xml feed that was developed for the beta 3 version (haven't upgraded to beta 4 yet). I made this feed to work with an external service that puts all my listings on the major directories (zillow,trulia, etc.)

Lee, could you tell me if this new release will change the fields at all - thus affecting my custom RSS feed?