Go Back   Mosets Community > Mosets Tree 3.x > Discussions, Troubleshooting & Problems

Old 08-25-2015, 05:34 PM
Mosets'd

Question After updating to Mosets 3.6.3, no access to configuration file

Hi community,
Hi Developement team,

I have a Mosets installed on my Joomla (latest version). Since my upgrade to 3.6.3, all is working fine (frontend and backend) except that I can't access my config page in the backoffice. Anytime I try to access it, I end-up on a white page.
A few more informations about that :

1) On Front-End, Mosets directory works just fine but some settings seems to have been changed or erased during upgrade. For example, anyone (even not registered) may create a new item in my directory. Now, mosets asks them to register.

2) I have upgraded to 3.6.4 thinking It could solve the issue but it's just about the same. White page.

3) I checked logs and I could nothing useful. I also contacted my hosting company to check if they could find any issue with that page. And they could not find any trouble regarding that specific page.

Any lead or suggestion ? Thanks
Old 08-26-2015, 12:36 AM
Mosets'd

What error file did you check? Look in the administrator directory to see if there is an error_log file, then check that file for the latest notices.

What version of PHP are you on?
Try uploading the files of the Mosets admin directory via FTP. A file or few may have been corrupted or permission changed during extraction
Old 08-26-2015, 04:49 PM
Mosets'd

Thumbs up

Thanks Peter

I can't find anything interesting in the logs in the adminisatrator section.
I reuploaded again the administrator files and it's the same. While page on loading configuration page. It's strange because all the rest is working pretty fine.
My PHP version is PHP 5.3.29. I can upgrade to PHP 5.4.44 or PHP 5.5.28 or downgrade to PHP 5.2.17

Let me know and thanks again
Old 08-27-2015, 06:59 AM
Mosets'd

It is strange that no error is being reported by php. Go into the Joomla global config and under the server tab, set error reporting to development to see if that will display any message.

Check the file permission of administrator/components/com_mtree/config.mtree.class.php and admin.mtree.config.html.php. If either is other than 0644, that would be the source. If those file permissions are wrong it is likely that all or many others are also incorrect.

PHP 5.3 works fine but you should switch to the latest you have available. The current latest stable version is 5.6.12
Old 08-28-2015, 09:36 AM
Mosets Team - Lead Developer

Quote:
1) On Front-End, Mosets directory works just fine but some settings seems to have been changed or erased during upgrade. For example, anyone (even not registered) may create a new item in my directory. Now, mosets asks them to register.
You can change the permission here:

Joomla's Global Configuration > Mosets Tree

re: Configuration white page.

Access the file /configuration.php on your Joomla's root directory. Look for this line:
PHP Code:
    public $error_reporting 'default'
change the value to:
PHP Code:
    public $error_reporting 'maximum'
Now, access the Configuration page again. Do you see any error message?
Old 08-28-2015, 06:37 PM
Mosets'd

No idea what happened but the bug disappeared. I suspect it was a php version issue. No idea. The good news is that I have no issue for now !