Go Back   Mosets Community > Mosets Announcements and Discussions > Mosets & Joomla

Old 03-25-2008, 08:28 AM

Done A few pre-sales questions about Mosets Tree

Hello,

My goals are to setup a local directory for small businesses. I've been on the Mosets website, reading forum posts, and checking out the demo. I have a few questions that either need confirmation or answered. Please answer a few if you have time... Thanks!

Eric

========================

Can the Blue template that's included with MT have a 3 column display?

Can MT be placed outside of the Frontpage by including it as a link to the MT directory in the Top Menu?

Could I use the stock Joomla banner advertising or 3rd party components to display banner ads inside of MT on the front page or would it need to be on one of the left/right columns (using a 3 column display)?

Can Random Listings module be used as a type of banner advertising for the listing owners within MT? Say only paid listings are allowed to add pictures... so using the Random Listing mod would act like a rotating banner advertising? Can Random Listing be displayed anywhere within MT?

Is the owner of a listing restricted to just his listing? Or can he create as many listings as he wants once he is a registered user? Can I manually setup his listing(s) for him and then email him the login details so he has access to only his listing so he can make changes as needed?

I see it has a Spy feature... does this track clicks on anything within the directory? For example, can I pull data from MT on how many people clicked on a category and each individual listing? So if someone clicks on the listing itself, or the email, website, google maps, etc.. I could do a search on this listing and pull up all the click info related to the listing and send a detailed report to the owner of the listing each month? Would there be a way to automate this?

I see the custom field has a video player? How does this work? Will this play YouTube videos inside of the listing?
Old 03-25-2008, 07:27 PM
Mosets Team - Lead Developer

Quote:
Can the Blue template that's included with MT have a 3 column display?
Yes, this can be controlled directly through the template's parameter.

Quote:
Can MT be placed outside of the Frontpage by including it as a link to the MT directory in the Top Menu?
Absolutely.

Quote:
Could I use the stock Joomla banner advertising or 3rd party components to display banner ads inside of MT on the front page or would it need to be on one of the left/right columns (using a 3 column display)?
Yes, you can use the core or third party components to display the banner. As for having it inside Mosets Tree component, that depends on how they can integrate with Mosets Tree.

Quote:
Can Random Listings module be used as a type of banner advertising for the listing owners within MT? Say only paid listings are allowed to add pictures... so using the Random Listing mod would act like a rotating banner advertising? Can Random Listing be displayed anywhere within MT?
Yes. You can configure random modules to rotate among listings with pictures. This module like every other Joomla module can be displayed anywhere in your template.

Quote:
Is the owner of a listing restricted to just his listing? Or can he create as many listings as he wants once he is a registered user? Can I manually setup his listing(s) for him and then email him the login details so he has access to only his listing so he can make changes as needed?
He can register an account and create as many listings as he want. You can also create the listings and account for him.

Quote:
I see it has a Spy feature... does this track clicks on anything within the directory? For example, can I pull data from MT on how many people clicked on a category and each individual listing? So if someone clicks on the listing itself, or the email, website, google maps, etc.. I could do a search on this listing and pull up all the click info related to the listing and send a detailed report to the owner of the listing each month? Would there be a way to automate this?
The Spy feature currently only tracks reviews, votings and extensions owned by user. It does not track clicks for category or listings.

Quote:
I see the custom field has a video player? How does this work? Will this play YouTube videos inside of the listing?
Using Online Video Player custom field, you can allow your user to provide the Youtube URL and Mosets Tree will display the player and the video in the listing.
Old 03-26-2008, 12:09 AM

Hi Lee,

Wow... this sounds like a really cool program! Thanks for taking the time to answer my questions! I just wanted to follow up on a few items so I better understand how to use the program itself for my local biz directory...

Once a person registers and creates an account... is there a way to limit that person from creating extra listings? For example I sell a paid listing and I setup that account for them and send the login details for the account. Is there a way to prevent them from creating more business listings inside of MT?

A related note on reviews... the owner of a listing can reply back to comments on his listing. Is there a difference from the website visitor registering to write comments vs registering to create a listing (assuming that I have registration turned on to leave comments)? Could the person who registers to leave comments on a review also create a business listing?

Is the SPY feature open to future updates to include more click data on all parts of an owner listing? Or is it not possible within the software code curently? Are there any other 3rd party tracking programs that work with MT?

Here is an example of something I like for click tracking:

http://www.bigsmileaudiobooks.com/Stats1.jpg

I'm about 99% sold on this program! I just need to figure out how I'm going to manage the owner listings and provide visitor data tracking...

Thanks!
Eric
Old 03-26-2008, 02:08 PM
Mosets Team - Lead Developer

Quote:
Once a person registers and creates an account... is there a way to limit that person from creating extra listings? For example I sell a paid listing and I setup that account for them and send the login details for the account. Is there a way to prevent them from creating more business listings inside of MT?
There is no hard limit you can set to control how many listings an owner can submit. But you can force those submission to go through an approval process. This way you can keep track or reject a listing if they go over their quota.

Quote:
A related note on reviews... the owner of a listing can reply back to comments on his listing. Is there a difference from the website visitor registering to write comments vs registering to create a listing (assuming that I have registration turned on to leave comments)? Could the person who registers to leave comments on a review also create a business listing?
Yes, those are the same users. Once registered (provided that you allow registered user to do both), users can submit listtings and/or reviews.

Quote:
Is the SPY feature open to future updates to include more click data on all parts of an owner listing? Or is it not possible within the software code curently? Are there any other 3rd party tracking programs that work with MT?
We have no plans currently to expand this functionality to tracks general clicks around the directory. I suggest you use specialized tracking software such as Google Analytics for this.
Old 03-27-2008, 12:18 AM
Mosets'd

About the SEF urls I know that sh404SEF working good.

This is also a tips to implement and a work around for status alerts (such as the “Listing submitted successfully! or “Your review is pending approval.” messages that appear when the user submits/rates/reviews/etc. something in the directory) do not appear.

Read more here http://www.notwebdesign.com/blog/joo...-tree/#more-13
Old 04-02-2008, 03:19 PM

Hi Lee and ssnobben,

Thanks for all your help! Can't wait to get this software and set it up on a live site

Eric
Old 04-02-2008, 04:13 PM
Mosets'd

Yes hope that Mr Lee fix this issue with sef urls in the next version...supporting sh404 from the beginning..