Go Back   Mosets Community > Archives > Mosets Tree 2.2 > Discussions, Troubleshooting & Problems

Old 11-06-2012, 02:59 PM
Mosets'd

Default Create new custom field similar to core field description

I am a very happy user of Mosets Tree 2.2.6 and Kinabalu Template

I use now display of description field both in summary listings and in detailed listings. But as we all know Google is not fond of same info on duplicate content on more pages I would love to create a field completely similar to description but call it "Detailed description". This would encourage my advertisers to write more details about their service, meanwhile in description (probably will rename it to "Short description" later) can be used for a small catchy phrase or quote about their service.

The new created "Detailed description" field I could then only publish in the detailed listing of an advertiser. And "Short description" can be displayed in summary listings only.

Of course I tried to create already to create a custom field called Detailed description already.

But there are 2 things I dislike about it:

1) The caption is shown in frontend.

But I would prefer to have caption only visible in backend. I mean that caption Detailed description should be shown to advertisers in backend when filling out the form, so they know what is meaning of the box. But NOT in front end. If I make now a new custom field, the caption is always shown in front end to.

So I would like it to be exactly the same as for core field description now.

2) The new custom field Detailed description is shown in detailed listing below other text info right from pictures. But that is not nice because there is not much space for it.

So I would like it to be exactly the same as for core field description now: beneath the pictures where is much more space and also it just looks better there.

I realise that it should not be so complicated. Basically it boils down to making a copy of the core field description with the same characteristics like caption not shown in frontend and the position beneath photos in detailed listings. And rename this new core field later to Detailed description.

I know it would involve some amount of customization to either sub_listingDetails.tpl.php or maybe sub_listingSummary.tpl.php but believe it or not: I just do not manage to achieve it.

I am afraid I am just not confident enough in this coding job.

Anyone out there to help me along with it? Any advice would be highly appreciated. Many thanks in advance!

Last edited by yulialeontyeva; 11-11-2012 at 10:56 PM.
Old 11-23-2012, 09:19 AM
Mosets'd

Default Customization

I am ready to pay someone who would be willing to do this customization!