Go Back   Mosets Community > Third party Developers, Addons and Services for Mosets components > 3rd party addons & Custom Jobs

Old 06-06-2006, 12:47 PM

Default Zipcode and Radius Search

Hello all:

Posting this here in the hopes that there are others who need this feature. My company is writing a zipcode/radius search module that will allow you to enter a zipcode and radius for MT/HP search. Mosets Tree or Hot Property will then return all entries within the search radius from the zipcode you entered.

We have put together a quick proof-of-concept for MT here:
http://www.mymd.com/zipcode/zipchecker.html

A good zipcode to try is "48347". It has many zipcodes close by.

If anyone else in interested in this for MT or HP then post to this thread or drop me a line. We should have it finished by the weekend and could use some beta testers. If there is enough interest we will pay for a distribution license for the zipcode database so we can distribute it with the code. For testing purposes we are using a public domain zipcode database that is not as accurate.

If there is anything comparable already out there, I would appreciate hearing about it. We searched and could not find anything like this for HP/MT.

We are converting this to a module that will provide the listings and additional info on each zipcode in HP from census data. The example provided for our locale follows:

Zip Code: 30005
Population: 26,913
Area Code: 678
Households per Zip Code: 9,377
City: ALPHARETTA
Average House Value: $256,000
State: GA
Avg. Income Per Household: $98,545
County: FULTON
Persons Per Household 2.85
Latitude: 34.0791
White Population: 22,562
Black Population: 1,405
Longitude: -84.2039
Hispanic Population: 971
Elevation: 1050
City Alias(es): ALPHARETTA
Number of Businesses: 1147
MSA: 0520
MSA Name: Atlanta, GA MSA
PMSA:

We think this could prove handy in HP.
Old 04-11-2007, 09:35 AM

Default ZipCode Search

I have recently purchased the zipcode component from zipcodeshop.com. I am having trouble implementing the component Could you provide me a sample of the longitude and latitude entries that you are using in the customer 1 and 2 fields.

Thanks,

Mark
[email protected]
www.adhotshot.com
Old 07-20-2007, 02:05 AM

Default did you get this working

hi, i have a similar problem, did you resolve it,

thx,

malc
Old 08-04-2009, 07:47 PM

Default Zipcode Shop working nicely -- upgrade? or other option...

Hi,

I noticed that this thread is very old -- the last post being in 2007. I'm using Zipcode Shop in my site for bed and breakfast inn bicycle touring -- www.bbtouring.com -- and it works very nicely. The component came with a geocoder utility, which I run every so often when there are a decent quantity of new listings.

The initial run to geocode about 4500 listings based on their zipcodes went smoothly. So no problems.

There is one potential issue which I am waiting for comment on from the developer(s): do they have an upgrade for Mosets Tree 2.1.0?

They don't currently have one on their site, and they have disabled the forum but I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt.

Just the same, I'm interested in the outcome of your efforts, palikari. Did you ever build the zipcode/radius search module you described below? If so, where might I find some information about it? I visited your demo and the db appears to be deleted and the connect script failed.

Best regards,
bbtouring
Old 09-30-2009, 03:20 PM

Hi, bbtouring.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbtouring View Post
...I noticed that this thread is very old -- the last post being in 2007. I'm using Zipcode Shop in my site for bed and breakfast inn bicycle touring... There is one potential issue which I am waiting for comment on from the developer(s): do they have an upgrade for Mosets Tree 2.1.0?

They don't currently have one on their site, and they have disabled the forum but I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt.

Just the same, I'm interested in the outcome of your efforts, palikari. Did you ever build the zipcode/radius search module you described below? If so, where might I find some information about it? I visited your demo and the db appears to be deleted and the connect script failed.
I get the impression from palikari's other forum posts from 2006-2008 that his proof of concept is what became Zipcode Shop. Thus if Zipcode shop doesn't have an upgrade, palikari won't either. But of course, if I'm mistaken, perhaps palikari or someone could set the record straight.

I have a client who can't wait. I'm a developer experienced with Mosets Tree extensions, and I'm prepared to develop a zip code and radius search extension for Mosets Tree, if I can find sponsors to fund the work. For details, see my forum thread, "MT Zip code / address / radius search - call for sponsors"

Best wishes for meeting your customers' needs,

--Jim DeLaHunt, Vancouver, Canada. Multilingual Joomla & Drupal website consultant.