Go Back   Mosets Community > Archives > Mosets Hot Property 1.0 > Discussions, Troubleshooting and Problems

Old 07-18-2009, 09:55 PM
Mosets'd

Default Default layout/front page

Hello everyone.

I am totally new to Mosets Hot Property - bought it just two days ago and have been playing around with it since. It is just what we need and I am looking forward to developing and designing a great web site for us using it - BUT...having installed Hot Property into Joomla , I expected the front page of the web site to be HotProperty-ified, but it was still the familiar old Joomla initial installation page.

Is there a template I need to adjust, or a file I need to copy, or must I remove all Joomla stuff and start from scratch to design a decent Hot Property look and feel for my web site?

Any and all advice/tips would be EXTREMELY welcome, as I am a bit lost right now.
Old 07-19-2009, 01:08 PM
Mosets'd

http://www.mosets.com/help/kb/mosets-tree/17
Old 07-19-2009, 05:52 PM
Mosets'd

Hello and THANKS VERY MUCH! That has set me up with the page I had hoped for as initial page. Now I need to work out how to change the appearance, but I am guessing this is just a matter of CSS and HTML manipulation...would anyone know of decent guidelines for that???

I am loving this community already - itīs a long time since I have worked with something where you dont feel somewhat isolated and alone!

Thanks everyone.
Old 07-20-2009, 05:51 PM
Mosets Team - Lead Developer

Hello Andrew,

Welcome to the forum!

Re: Changing the appearance

This indeed require you to modify the CSS & manipulate the HTML. In Joomla 1.5 world, we call this output oveerrides:

http://developer.joomla.org/tutorial...in-joomla.html

Good luck!
Old 07-21-2009, 09:53 PM
Mosets'd

Thanks Lee! That tutorial is EXACTLY what I need to get me started. Sensational! I owe you one.