Go Back   Mosets Community > Third party Developers, Addons and Services for Mosets components > 3rd party addons & Custom Jobs

Old 03-15-2008, 07:16 AM

Lightbulb Multiple Listing Types Mtree 2.05+

Sometime ago I contributed some code on Mosets forums on how to do this same hack and whilst that code is still relevant it will not work with the new code changes in Mosets Tree from version 2.0. The new code base has several changes Fields are handled. Because Core and Custom Fields can now be easily arranged together, these new changes make the old hacks almost redundant as some people have already figured out.

My new hack uses the most of the old hacks in principal and converting it to the new code is possible however it does require some significant changes and plenty of time to figure out. Anybody with some knowledge of PHP and HTML and the time could figure out how to do this as I have. However, because most people just want it now, Iíve decided to release my how to tutorial as a paid subscription service and back it up with email support.

Why am I charging for it? Last time I contributed this hack I was learning and taking the time to write down my thoughts was a part of the learning experience. However, in doing so I opened a can of worms and still today some three years on I get emails from people wanting me to drop everything and help them do the same. Fundamentally the problems they experience in applying these hacks is just the little or no knowledge they have with PHP and HTML. So, this time Iíve taken the time to write a comprehensive step by step tutorial on how to apply this hack and a couple of other helpful options that can help make your directory stand out from the others.

Iím only charging $35.00 USD payable via Paypal to access this knowledge with up to 3 months email support if needed, note the Tutorial is Copyright Ė Tradewise Promotions 2008 so distribution to others is not permitted. When you consider that these hacks took over 60 hours to work out, $35 is a small price to pay for the time youíll save and the extra time I may need to help you with support.

Before you decide to get access to my tutorial I need to make some points very clear. Mosets Tree is proprietary software so for instructional purposes I canít show you the complete code, I can however, show the code snippets from the original code along with the code to replace it with and give you copies of my custom templates to use or further modify. For the few files that need mods, itís really just a matter of opening the right file, locating the original code section and replacing it with the modified code, everything is clearly documented and commented throughout the code and replacements.

Bottom line is you will need to do the work yourself, my tutorial should help make it easier and a lot quicker. For those not comfortable with modifying the code then I can do it for you as a Custom Job and if this is the case it will be quoted to your requirements and priced accordingly.

This tutorial covers the following modifications and Optional Add-onís:

Add 3 or more Listing Types
∑ Extends Mosets Tree 2.0 to give 3 Listing Types Ė Free, Standard and Featured (and is easily extended for more levels)
∑ Shows examples of Custom Templates for Add a Listing for the 3 levels, plus a custom Summary View and Detailed View.
∑ Examples to Include or exclude any display of data in Summary View or Detailed View Templates based on listing type.
∑ Examples of modifications to modify English.php Language File

Add Help Tabs to Templates
(Optional)
∑ Examples of how to add Help Tabs to most Mosets Templates
∑ Includes a copy of Help Tab Files, script, images, CSS code and a starter templates

Should any one be interested in these mods, please PM me for more details, Updated to Mtree 2.08 on 18 August 2008

Future Updates:
Anyone purchasing this tutorial will receive all updates for future releases within this range and other future enhancements for this mod that I'm currently working on.
Example: (Note these are in the pipeline)
1. Add Listing Page broken up into an Ajax Tabbed Layout
2. Users can select up to 3 different layouts for Featured listings.
3. Users can select Options for their listing to create a custom listing.

Last edited by tradewise; 08-18-2008 at 09:56 PM. Reason: Tutorial Updated to 2.08 18 August 2008
Old 03-28-2008, 11:07 PM

Very usefull tutorial. I set up my site fast. Good and fast support by email.
Old 04-04-2008, 11:19 PM
Mosets'd

Default Demo site?

Do you have a demo site of how this look like?

rgds
Old 04-05-2008, 03:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssnobben View Post
Do you have a demo site of how this look like?
If you PM your details, I'll give you an address to my testing site. I just don't want to make the address public knowledge.

Regards Steve!!!
Old 05-04-2008, 01:20 AM
Mosets'd

Default Payment Gateway?

Have you tied the added "types" to some sort of payment system?

I am looking for a way for people either adding or claiming listings to pay for the extended or featured listings.

Thanks in advance.
Old 05-04-2008, 06:19 AM

Default Payment Systems Overview

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkovar View Post
Have you tied the added "types" to some sort of payment system?

I am looking for a way for people either adding or claiming listings to pay for the extended or featured listings.

Thanks in advance.
In the past I've used MamboCharge, this worked very well, but until the developer updates his software on MC I wouldn't waste any money. 2 solutions are available not as clear cut as MamboCharge with Mtree but they do work none the less.

1. AEC This is subscription based and works very well if you want to extend User Types with JACL-Pro. I use AEC on 3 very different sites and can recommend as an open source solution. Also if you are using Community Builder as well, both AEC and JACL all work great together.

2. Joomsuite Member also works but the code is encrypted which makes customising impossible unless you can convince the developer its a good idea.

I'm experimenting with both of the above on two directory sites (one on each) at this stage I think AEC with JACL is the best option.

Hope this helps. Regards Steve!!!
Old 05-05-2008, 05:22 PM
Mosets'd

Lightbulb

How about JUGA and using AEC in combination? That would be a great solution.. Juga now also support native J 1.5 as AEC do.

So when the new Hot Property 1.0 coming it will be very nice!
Old 05-05-2008, 09:40 PM

Quote:
How about JUGA and using AEC in combination? That would be a great solution.. Juga now also support native J 1.5 as AEC do. So when the new Hot Property 1.0 coming it will be very nice!
I've never tried Juga but for what I've read it should work with AEC, at the end of the day though Juga and JACL Pro in combination with AEC extends the user types or User Groups which in turn can extend the functionality of the additional Listing Types offered by the tutorial.

If you don't want to extend User Types then AEC will still work on its own to handle registration and subscriptions for the different Listing Types. Also the topic here is about creating different Listing Types for MTree and has nothing to do with Hot Property.

Regards Steve!!!
Old 06-10-2008, 06:11 AM

Default AEC integration

A few people have asked me by PM about AEC integration with MTree, so just to clarify AEC integration with my listing types tutorial is not part of the tutorial.

That said, I integrated AEC not using the Micro Integration, instead I use it in conjunction with JACL Pro and create different user types. In Mosets, I add IF statements to the templates based on usertypes, this way I can define what I want each user type to see or not see. Because there are so many possibilities or configurations from one site to the next in the way each site can be set up, I can't see a way to write a tutorial for a one solution fits all.

Hope this clarifies this point.

Regards to all Steve!!!
Old 06-10-2008, 06:23 AM
Mosets'd

Thanks for the point in direction, here is another question.

I have JACL Pro and AEC, how are you able to offer diffrent types of user registration? I assume this is being done for the user to properly select His/Her user type in conjunction with your website.

Thanks,
James
Old 06-10-2008, 03:54 PM

Default One payment solution will not fit all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clanspot View Post
Thanks for the point in direction, here is another question.

I have JACL Pro and AEC, how are you able to offer diffrent types of user registration? I assume this is being done for the user to properly select His/Her user type in conjunction with your website.

Thanks,
James
As I've stated before everybody's directory will be different, trying to give advice on a one payment solution to fit all is extremely difficult. So here's 2 examples using different systems that I've done. Note both these examples are new sites I'm working on and not ready for public release, so please don't ask for their URL's.

Example 1:

On a one site I've used JMember to handle listing subscriptions. On this site it is a standard directory using the different listing types of Free, Standard and Featured similar to the tutorial set up. Jmember is url based so it's only a matter of defining the different listing type being accessed to apply a subscription against it. Works reasonably well but Jmember is encrypted code so mods are out of the question, however it worked out of the box for what I needed but lacks in reporting and statistics. I can get around this by using Fabrik to access the database and generate some tables/forms to pull info lacking in Jmember (but that's another story). Using my Tutorials listing types only a few files in Mtree are modified and these are mostly templates/CSS files so upgrades to newer versions of MTree are reasonably easy.

Example 2:
On a second site I'm developing its a lot more complicated, again this works for me but perhaps not for everybody. On this site I don't charge for Listings, instead I charge users to access certain member only content which are a combination of core and custom fields. The site has 5 additional user types (in addition to Joomla's core user types) and in Mtree uses 7 different Listing Types (one template for each listing type). People adding listings who are not members can still see all of their listing but not other listings.

1. Set up JACL and create different User Types
2. Set Up AEC to handle new registrations for each of the different user types
3. Set Mtree so user must be registered to add listing.
4. Using this tutorial as a base to create different Listing Types
5. Further modify the templates to add in IF/ELSE Statements based on UserTypes && ListingTypes to the templates.

The advantage to this set up is the almost endless possibilities that can be created to restrict listings or access to information. The disadvantage is Mtree is heavily modified which can make upgrades a nightmare.

Hope this helps - Regards Steve!!!
Old 06-11-2008, 03:40 AM
Mosets'd

Ok, I figured out AEC as I have only used it once and not to this extent. However I am having some issues when utilizing the hack to preform limitations of numbers of post alloted to individuals.

Which version of Mosets are you using and which version of AEC?

I have preformed lots of custom work to my 2.0.6 install so updating to 2.0.7 is not likely for the time being.

Please advise and thanks a bunch for the help.
Old 06-16-2008, 06:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clanspot View Post

Which version of Mosets are you using and which version of AEC?
I'm using MTree 2.06 and AEC - Version 0.12.4.15j
As state before I'm not using the Micro Integration hacks so I can't advise on that. I simply use AEC to handle registration of different user types in conjunction with JACL Pro then mod the templates further to access certain functions based on user type and other fields in Mtree to further define access if needed.
Old 07-30-2008, 05:22 PM

Smile New Payment System Designed for Mtree Listings

Because no payment system WAS really tailored for Mtree Listings and the fact that MamboCharge seems to be a project dead in the water, I needed to write my own payment system dedicated to Mosets Tree.

After developing this I now I think my new system works better that MamboCharge ever did and it adapts to the different listing types tutorial very well.

Whilst my new system works similar to the old MamboCharge work flow it can be easily customised. What's more, after writing this I realised it could be adapted to just about any Joomla 1.53+ component and best of all when its released it will not be encrypted (unlike MamboCharge) so you'll be able to mod to your hearts content.

At this point I have the script working on a production site and I'm just working through some minor bugs. After that I'll be releasing a new tutorial which will be supplied with all the scripts and templates required to easily develop and manage your own payment system.

Some more details can be found here....

http://forum.mosets.com/showthread.php?t=7721

Regards to all Steve!!!
Old 08-12-2008, 05:40 PM
Mosets'd

Thumbs up Demo site

Hi Steve,

coming back to you about this. Do you have a demo site so we can check how this look like? you said that you have a live site before and would be nice to see that in action now....

rgds

ssnobben
Old 08-12-2008, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Hi Steve,

coming back to you about this. Do you have a demo site so we can check how this look like? you said that you have a live site before and would be nice to see that in action now....

rgds

ssnobben
As stated in my first post a demo for multiple listing types is available, just PM me for details. If my memory serves me right ssnobben, you PM'd me sometime ago and I sent the details, if you've lost that just PM me again.

Regards Steve!!!
Old 08-16-2008, 11:26 PM

Thumbs up Thanks Tradewise!

Your tutorial was immensely helpful and the email support was superb! I know exactly where to go for the best 'hacks' to Mosets Tree ever! Tradewise you rock!
Old 08-22-2008, 05:00 AM

Default Demo

Hi, Tradewise, I'm doing a site and I think your hack will work just fine. Would I take a look at a demo to certify myself that it will fit?
This is my site www.motocompras.com.br/projeto
best regards
Teto
Old 08-22-2008, 05:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tetolocha View Post
Hi, Tradewise, I'm doing a site and I think your hack will work just fine. Would I take a look at a demo to certify myself that it will fit?
This is my site www.motocompras.com.br/projeto
best regards
Teto
I just had a quick look at your site, but sorry I only speak/write in English, so I'm not sure what you want me to look at.

IF your Mtree directory has the need for multiple listing types beyond what Mtree comes as standard and each new listing type needs its own unique add listing template, then this tutorial will help. The tutorial will show how to create 3 types but its capable of much more than that.

PM me and I'll give you a link to a demo site.

Regards Steve!!!
Old 08-27-2008, 10:45 AM

Default Demo Site Now Available

The Demonstration Site is Now Available.

The demo site has both the Multiple Listing Types and the Payments System installed. This will give you a better idea how everything works from both Admin and User prospective from the Front End.

Click Here To View Demo Site

Regards to all Steve!!!
Old 10-07-2008, 08:30 AM

Default Multiple listing types tutorial updated to 2.09

Hi all just a quick note that the multiple listing types tutorial has been updated to Mtree Ver 2.09

More info on the demo site at www.aussiepass.com.au/testing
Old 04-27-2011, 09:57 PM
Mosets'd

Default multiple listing

I'm interested in your tutorial for Multiple Listing Types Mtree, please send me some details
Thx Peter
Old 04-27-2011, 10:06 PM

Hmmm,

This is a really old thread, the tutorial was the forerunner to what is now PaymentsPlus but if you still want the tutorial its available in the Archive Folder from the Free Download area on the PaymentsPlus Site.

Regards Steve
Developer of PaymentsPlus