Go Back   Mosets Community > Archives > Mosets Hot Property 1.0 > Discussions, Troubleshooting and Problems

Old 04-08-2009, 11:13 PM

Default New site using Hot Properties with some customisation

Hi everyone

Just thought I'd let you have a look at a site we've just finished developing for a client using Hot Properties, the first time we've used this component on a site.

The site is Atlas Lettings Edinburgh and can see view it now at http://www.atlaslettingsedinburgh.co.uk/.

The main features of this HP site:
  • We've modified the layouts to make them display a little better
  • We've heavily modified the fields in the component to allow people to do date searches on availability.
  • Customised the search form to allow people to search properly on these new fields
  • Added in a "let" transparency to property images. All the client needs to do is change the status of the property from Available to Let and back to switch the transparency on and off - these are applied on top of the images, so it's not neccessary for them to upload new images each time.

Any feedback is welcome.

Last edited by simonlogan; 07-20-2009 at 05:51 PM.
Old 04-09-2009, 02:32 AM
Mosets'd

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonlogan View Post
[*]Added in a "let" transparency to property images. All the client needs to do is change the status of the property from Available to Let and back to switch the transparency on and off - these are applied on top of the images, so it's not neccessary for them to upload new images each time.[/LIST]
Any feedback is welcome.
Yes looking good.

Smart way of tagging a property example "let" transparency to property images for different purposes. Easy for customers to set up sold, for let, for sale, sold etc

Can admin do this type of different settings in the back end?
Old 04-09-2009, 11:16 AM
Mosets Team - Lead Developer

Looks great!
Old 04-09-2009, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssnobben View Post
Smart way of tagging a property example "let" transparency to property images for different purposes. Easy for customers to set up sold, for let, for sale, sold etc

Can admin do this type of different settings in the back end?
The way we have set it up there's only a Let transparency which is applied or not applied, however there's no reason that our technique couldn't be modified to incorporate more statuses. All that would need done would be to include these statuses in the choices for that field then create different transparencies for each of them, then modify the page templates to ensure they select the correct image.
Old 04-18-2009, 04:47 PM

Hi - Could you tell me how to do the modifications which display the main image on the left and the thumbnails next to it ?

Many thanks
Old 04-18-2009, 07:38 PM
Mosets'd

Your site looks nice.
Also like the LET features. This is also requested in re request list.
Maybe you can share the hack with us.

Stijn
Old 05-07-2009, 02:26 AM

Quote:
Hi everyone

Just thought I'd let you have a look at a site we've just finished developing for a client using Hot Properties, the first time we've used this component on a site.

The site is Atlas Lettings Edinburgh and it's not entirely live yet as we need to update the DNS once the client is ready to but you can see the site for now at http://domain2147110.sites.fasthosts.com/.

• We've heavily modified the fields in the component to allow people to do date searches on availability.
  • Customised the search form to allow people to search properly on these new fields
  • Added in a "let" transparency to property images. All the client needs to do is change the status of the property from Available to Let and back to switch the transparency on and off - these are applied on top of the images, so it's not neccessary for them to upload new images each time.

Any feedback is welcome.
Hi,

Am new to Joomla and Hot Prperty so kinda jumping in at the deep end with all this, although I have experience in Web Design.

Was just wondering how you got the extra fields to display in your Search box?

Ps really liking the site you have set up their, shall show you mine when its all finished.
Old 07-16-2009, 06:14 PM
Mosets'd

Quote:
Hi everyone

The site is Atlas Lettings Edinburgh and it's not entirely live yet as we need to update the DNS once the client is ready to but you can see the site for now at http://domain2147110.sites.fasthosts.com/.

Any feedback is welcome.
Having put my nose into Hot Property I find it very complex and difficult if one wants to force a change. I was interested to see that you had a 'Home page' and a Properties page that went to your listings, simple and good. How did you manage to get rid of the 'featured properties' page? Menu link to which template?

Congrats on your work!
Old 07-16-2009, 10:25 PM

Hi there, the menu item type is set to Hot Property>Type Layout rather than Featured or Home.

I think we modified the template for that view however nothing drastic, just the arrangement and styling of the page so if you pick that layout for your link that might be what you're looking for. The "Home" page on our site is just a standard Joomla Article Layout, not a Hot Properties one.
Old 07-16-2009, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisjbalmer View Post
Was just wondering how you got the extra fields to display in your Search box?
This was a little workaround I figured out and basically I set up the Advanced Search form as I wanted it using Hot Properties (so the form that appears on the page when you click on the Advanced Search link on the default search box) then copied the form's source code and pasted it into a Custom HTML module which I created then added to the site.

It does mean that as the fields and fields values change I have to manually edit them in that module (because they're not coming from Hot Properties, just originally copied from there) but it's the only way to do it for now until the developers provide us with an Advanced Search module.
Old 07-16-2009, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stijn View Post
Your site looks nice.
Also like the LET features. This is also requested in re request list.
Maybe you can share the hack with us.
Simply put I created a new field in HP's back-end "rentalStatus" and set it to have either the value RENTED or AVAILABLE. I then modified the templates for the property detail and listing pages which a little but of PHP which basically inserted dummy <span></span> tags next to the property images if the status was set to RENTED.

Then I wrote some CSS to create a transparent overlay (triggered by the presence of the span tags) the details of which you can find at http://www.webdesignerwall.com/tutor...ative-gallery/. So what happens is there is some PHP code in the templates that says if the rental status is set to RENTED insert the dummy span tags and the CSS code overlays a transparent "rented" png over the image if it's there.

(Please note that you also need to add a transparent PNG fix for older versions of IE to ensure the transparency works properly.)
Old 07-16-2009, 10:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm707 View Post
Hi - Could you tell me how to do the modifications which display the main image on the left and the thumbnails next to it ?
I just edited the layouts of the property detail page using HTML and CSS. To make it easy I created the layout as I wanted it to look as a static HTML page then cut and pasted the code into the Hot Properties template (after backing up the originals of course!). Essentially I just created new DIVs around the large image and then the thumbnails and floated them all LEFT.
Old 07-17-2009, 01:57 AM
Mosets'd

Default php you inserted

Could you please post the PHP you inserted in the property detail and listing pages.
Old 07-17-2009, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattejennings View Post
Could you please post the PHP you inserted in the property detail and listing pages.
This will vary depending on the specifics of your own site, of course, but here is basically what I put in:

Code:
<?php // Display the watermark if the property is rented 

if ($this->p->rentalstatus=='Rented') { ?>
           <span></span>
<?php } ?>
So all it does it queries the DB to see if that property's rental status is equal to 'Rented' then if it is it inserts the dummy SPAN tags. The style sheet then applies the dimensions, background image and other properties to that span and this is what overlays the image. So for example, for the full sized image it is :

Code:
#propertyPhotoFull span 
{
	background: url(images/watermark.png) no-repeat;
	display:block;
	position:absolute;
	top:0px;
	left:0px;
	width: 129px;
	height: 93px;
}
Again this might vary slightly depending upon your own site's code the position:absolute bit is the important bit which overlays the image referenced in the background property.
Old 07-18-2009, 01:05 AM
Mosets'd

Default Thanks

Thanks a ton I will give it a try.
Old 07-18-2009, 04:30 AM
Mosets'd

Default Works Great

OK I have it working great and have made status feilds with overlays for both SOLD and REDUCED.

I have one more question. I have as one of my Property Types a (Recently Sold) and when a property sells I put it in that type so that it will show in the Types display. What would the PHP call be for that type. If I can just add the if statement to add the SOLD overlay when the type Recently Sold is checked then I wouldn't need the extra sold feild I just created.

So I need the proper php for it to say (if the type field says recently sold then add the span)

Thanks in advance.
Old 07-20-2009, 05:56 PM

Having not done this myself I'm not precisely sure but I think it would just be along these lines:

Code:
<?php // Display the watermark if the property is rented 

if ($this->p->type=='Sold') { ?>
           <span></span>
<?php } ?>
Then just use the CSS as before to determine the overlay that is applied.
Old 07-21-2009, 12:55 AM
Mosets'd

Yup that worked thanks.
Old 07-21-2009, 04:30 AM
Mosets'd

Default Listing view

I only have this working for the detailed view of properties. Where do I add the php for the list view(non detailed). I also tried to add it in the top properties with picture module as well and it did not work.

Thanks for any advice you can give.
Old 10-01-2009, 09:54 AM
Mosets'd

Default Can we get this working on Beta 5

Can we get these hacks working for Beta 5.
Old 10-01-2009, 03:27 PM
Mosets'd

Thumbs up

well you can always ask Mr simonlogan first if he is prepared to give it to HP 1.0 b5 and Mr Lee.

If so I think Mr Lee will look into this and maybe implement it.

So what you say?

rgds
Old 10-01-2009, 05:34 PM

I'm sure Mr Lee is far cleverer than me and can figure something like this (or better!) for himself however I'd be happy to pass on what code I can if he is interested in implementing it in a future release.