Go Back   Mosets Community > Archives > Mosets Hot Property 1.0 > Discussions, Troubleshooting and Problems

Old 03-22-2009, 02:17 AM
Mosets'd

Default Agent details

I need to add more agent details like address, town, city ect, i was hoping that there would be an option to add extra fields to the agents list, but this does not appear to be the case.

How do i add extra fields for agents, apart from adding them to the database table.
Old 03-24-2009, 08:53 PM

This is what I am looking for also,it not enough to just display mobile phone,there should be at least two more fields for telephone(fax+1 extra) and field for a web site link.
Can anybody help about this....
Old 03-25-2009, 05:01 PM
Mosets'd

I notice that in the 0.9x version of hotproperty that there are more agent details why has this not been carried across to the new version? any reason?
Old 03-25-2009, 08:09 PM

can somebody please help,i got the extra fields in agent.html page but I can not get them to display on the main page ,it just displays mobile ...
Old 03-26-2009, 04:35 AM

Please anybody,just a hint would be enough...I searched everywhere and now I am clueless...
Old 03-26-2009, 06:36 PM

Still waiting for the info on agent details...
Old 03-31-2009, 03:07 AM
Mosets'd

Smile Extra Field Boxes for Agent Registration Details

Gregos / Ashley Barnard + Anyone Else

To resolve this I added the Community Builder Extension to my site. The Registration Login has good customising features with different fields etc. but more importantly it synchronises with the main Joomla User List i.e. therefore works with Hot Property.

The e-mails sent to new users can also be configured in CB and there are also a couple of nifty check boxed for users to tick if they want to receive newsletters, third party offers etc.

If you only use this feature of CB, just use the component to manage your Users and don't publish the modules to the frontend i.e. CB Online and don't add the component to any of your menus either unless you want to of course.

I would suggest that you remove the profile icons on the registration form, this is located in the configuration tab and then general tab - you can remove all icons or just have the information and required fields icon.

Also, you might be interested to learn that CB is SEF compatible, I use JoomSEF which you will no doubt be aware works with HP as well.

My site is only a production site at present but so far from the testing it all seems to be working perfectly. As usual I would recommend that you make a back up of your site before installing.

I hope the developers are picking up on this because it would be good to have this in the next HP upgrade instead of getting the features required by the back door.

Good Luck with your sites and I hope that this has proved useful.

Regards

John Hayward
Old 04-01-2009, 08:20 PM

Thank You for your post,i am so tired of forcing HP to work...maybe developers will consider this problem in the future updates...
Old 06-28-2009, 06:27 PM

Here is the solution,ask if something is not clear:
http://forum.mosets.com/showthread.p...ed=1#post42908
Old 08-27-2009, 05:32 PM
Mosets'd

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnhayward View Post
Also, you might be interested to learn that CB is SEF compatible, I use JoomSEF which you will no doubt be aware works with HP as well.
Hi John,

Did you have success with JoomSEF and HP v1.0? I installed it and found it made no difference to my property search result pages

E.g. index.php/search-properties?view=property&id=1
Old 08-27-2009, 05:39 PM
Mosets'd

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregos View Post
Here is the solution,ask if something is not clear:
http://forum.mosets.com/showthread.p...ed=1#post42908
Hi Gregos,

This solution is not for v1.0. I have tried to search for similar code and change accordingly but it seems to make no difference.

I have added an extra field to the agent database table (descTwo) and amended the form_item.php to add a new wysiwyg area.

PHP Code:
<td colspan="2"> 
                <?php echo JHTML::_'hotproperty.form.wysiwyg''agents[' $this->row->id '][descTwo]'$this->row->descTwo$width '100%'$height '150'$col '70'$row '15'$buttons false$params = array( 'pagebreak''readmore' ) ); ?> 
            </td>
This pulls data into the text field (that i inserted using phpMyAdmin) however, it will not write any changes to the database. What file controls inserting the data?
Old 09-05-2009, 05:15 AM

I bought Hot Property because I was under the assumption that the agent details can be customized. If it is available in the 0.9x version then why would this not be moved to the Joomla 1.5 compatible version?
Old 09-07-2009, 10:28 AM
Mosets Team - Lead Developer

Agents details is not customizable, even in HP 0.98. The reason we are not implementing is due to the upcoming support for additional profile information in Joomla's User in Joomla 1.6. When this is available, we will look in to integrating this in to Hot Property.
Old 09-07-2009, 05:19 PM

It is possible to modify some of the files to add a number of fields but this does mean changing some of the core files. This of course means these will not be part in any version update by Mosets and you'd have to make them again if you ever upgraded.
Old 09-08-2009, 03:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnhayward View Post
Gregos / Ashley Barnard + Anyone Else

To resolve this I added the Community Builder Extension to my site. The Registration Login has good customising features with different fields etc. but more importantly it synchronises with the main Joomla User List i.e. therefore works with Hot Property.

The e-mails sent to new users can also be configured in CB and there are also a couple of nifty check boxed for users to tick if they want to receive newsletters, third party offers etc.

If you only use this feature of CB, just use the component to manage your Users and don't publish the modules to the frontend i.e. CB Online and don't add the component to any of your menus either unless you want to of course.

I would suggest that you remove the profile icons on the registration form, this is located in the configuration tab and then general tab - you can remove all icons or just have the information and required fields icon.

My site is only a production site at present but so far from the testing it all seems to be working perfectly. As usual I would recommend that you make a back up of your site before installing.

I hope the developers are picking up on this because it would be good to have this in the next HP upgrade instead of getting the features required by the back door.

Good Luck with your sites and I hope that this has proved useful.

Regards

John Hayward
Are you able to post your site so we can all see?

And I want to qualify, when you use CB for the user profile when someone clicks on the agent profile within HP does this mean they see the extra fields that you have set up in CB?

If so was this automatic or did you make changes to the HP files to make it visiable?