Go Back   Mosets Community > Archives > Mosets Tree 2.2 > Discussions, Troubleshooting & Problems

Old 12-20-2011, 07:14 PM
Mosets'd

Default How make override file for Savant2?

I need override for:
Savant2_Plugin_ahrefreview.php

So how can I override?

I tried verything form HTML(FOLDER IN TEMPLATE) > Savant2_Plugin_ahrefreview.php

To HTML > com_mtree > Savant2_Plugin_ahrefreview.php
To HTML > com_mtree > Savant2 > Savant2_Plugin_ahrefreview.php

but nothing worked.

Is it possible? I had to change the file Savant2_Plugin_ahrefreview.php. It is anoying to remember to update this file after every update.
Old 01-25-2012, 12:53 AM
Mosets'd

Savant2 is a 3rd party templating framework (http://phpsavant.com/), so you may be better off asking in their forums.

Having said that, in my experience, I don't believe there is a way to override Savant2 templates. I have modified the default Savant2 templates provided by Mosets a few times here and there. I usually backup the original file and then go at it.

What I don't understand is why you would need to touch this file after every update? Templates are usually designed and then left alone until you want to change the look and feel of the site again.
Old 02-06-2012, 04:48 PM
Mosets'd

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamamia View Post

What I don't understand is why you would need to touch this file after every update? Templates are usually designed and then left alone until you want to change the look and feel of the site again.
Because with a update of mosets I have to copy all the files to server and it is NOT in the template folder. So when I forget I had changed this file it's gone or overwritten.

So I have to keep a copy somewhere else.
Old 02-06-2012, 08:13 PM

You could just upload 2 files to the server both with your mods but the second named differently example:
sub_listingSummary.tpl.php
sub_listingSummary.tpl_MOD2.php

Only the original will get overwritten the second file would stay there, an update only rewites the files within the package additional files are left alone, then after upgrade you'd only need to rename the second file. But before renaming just check the file for any changes. The date stamp is good first indicator if it hasn't changed from the original package to the new package then you should be good to just rename your modified file.

Hope this helps
Regards Steve
Developer of PaymentsPlus