Go Back   Mosets Community > Third party Developers, Addons and Services for Mosets components > 3rd party addons & Custom Jobs

Old 04-26-2011, 05:59 AM

Currently Payments plus is available for Mtree 2.2.0 on J 1.6 a patch kit for Mtree 2.2.1 will be released sometime this week.
Old 01-26-2012, 03:35 PM

Default PaymentsPlus Version 3.21 for Mtree 2.24 now available

Just an update for anyone interested, From 26 January 2012 PaymentsPlus Version 3.21 for Mtree 2.24 on Joomla 2.5 is now available.

For users still using Joomla 1.7 an updated patch kit is available for PaymentsPlus 3.20 using Mtree 2.24

Regards Steve
Developer of PaymentsPlus
Old 01-29-2013, 10:03 PM

Default PaymentsPlus Version 3.25 for Mtree 3.0.3 on Joomla 2.5 is now available.

Just an update for anyone interested, From 29 January 2013 PaymentsPlus Version 3.25 for Mtree 3.0.3 on Joomla 2.5 is now available.

10 New features have been added plus a few bug fixes and updates. Here's a list of the new features & enhancements:

1. Removed the "Extra Step" for Offline Payments or Confirmation
Removed the need for User to supply extra info when when making at Offline Payment or Confirming a free listing.

2. Set Product in Mtree Admin.
Previously a custom hack for earlier versions of PP now added to Version 3.25

3. Set Max for additional Categories in Products.
Limits of how many categories (also show in category) a listing can be added to.

4. Enable Payments System Option.
This option was added due to a number of requests to have the add listing features of PaymentsPlus without the Payments systems.

5. Enable Listing Type Ordering.
Previously a custom hack (Multiple Listing Type Ordering) for earlier versions of PP now added and automated in Version 3.25.

6. One Click Approve for Free Listings
Previously a custom hack (Auto Approve Free Listings) for earlier versions of PP now added in Version 3.25.

7. Added a Coupon System
For Products using BUY NOW products paid by PayPal, 2CO or Off Line. The Coupons do more that just discounts, they can also be set up to make an extra charge. This can be useful if Admins need to charge extra to set up a listing for a user with limited knowledge.

8. Upgrade/Downgrade System for Products using BUY NOW option paid by PayPal, 2CO or Off Line.
Integrated with the new Coupon system, this will allow an upgrade or a downgrade from one product to another and optionally give a discount at the same time or charge an additional fee.

9. Description Field (ID=2) is no longer a required field.
Previous version of PaymentsPlus needed the Description field to be set to REQUIRED.

10. Added New Condition for Admins My Page
Now Admin owned listings are clearly shown in My Page.

Regards Steve
Developer of PaymentsPlus
Old 02-23-2013, 01:09 AM
Mosets'd

Default Can't access paymentsplus - Just me?

I would like to add this component but I have not been able to access this website http://paymentsplus.com.au or the demo. I've used 3 browsers, cleared cache, tried another computer. I haven't seen anything in this forum about this component being unavailable so it appears it's just me. I would think if there was a universal problem, it would be posted everywhere and would be removed from joomla extensions. Any suggestions?

Thanks!
Old 02-23-2013, 06:33 AM

The PP site was hacked by an extorsionist hacker just over 2 weeks ago who is demanding very large sums of cash to stop the attacks. I sought help from Joomla Support who said it was something on the current server causing the repeat attacks. So, we moved the domain to a completly new server, did a fresh install J2.59 and nothing else, but, the site was attacked again within 2 hours. I will not pay anything to the hacker. So, until it can determined how he is getting into J2.5.9 and stop it the paymentsplus site will remain offline.
Old 02-23-2013, 07:09 AM
Mosets'd

Unhappy So sorry to hear you got hacked

There could be a script in one of your components or modules that keeps rewriting the hack. I've had that happen, and as fast as I removed the bad files, the script created them again. If that's the case for you, too, moving the site didn't help because you took the script with you. Can you look at the files and find any with the date that this happened? The hacks that got my sites were injected into vulnerable Joomla components and modules so I'd look at extensions. I've been lucky because I use Bluehost for my sites and my clients' sites and they have gone above and beyond to help me.

In the mean time, I thought you had stopped providing your system and I finally paid for another one. However I don't think I'm going to be as happy with that one as I would be with yours.
Old 02-23-2013, 07:13 AM
Mosets'd

Default I missed that comment about clean install

I just noticed you did a clean install without any components or modules and still got hacked so I guess it isn't a script. I'm surprised your hosting company isn't being more helpful since they hate hackers, too.

If you didn't install any extensions, have you tried restoring to a database that's older than your hack date?
Old 02-23-2013, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharon View Post
I just noticed you did a clean install without any components or modules and still got hacked so I guess it isn't a script. I'm surprised your hosting company isn't being more helpful since they hate hackers, too.

If you didn't install any extensions, have you tried restoring to a database that's older than your hack date?
Restoring a database won't solve the issue of them getting in. Part of the hack deletes the entire database, the other part deletes the files they use to perform the hack. On one of the previous hacks they deleted both the DB and the entire files system. We can see by logs they gain access to Admin that has a new 65 random character/symbol password, they then install a shell script that gives them full access to the server account, then delete anything that could identify what they are doing.

My host tech's and other tech's I've hired to help have been very helpful, they all agree the hack as Joomla based, but Joomla insists it's the server.

Think about it, we moved the domain to another server, just to rule out it being a server issue. Then a new install of Joomla with nothing else added and the only account on the server, and this was installed by one of the tech's I hired, to rule out the possibility of my computer leaking the passwords etc. All this yet the site was still hacked in 2 hours.

The thing with Joomla is they won't admit there's a problem til they fix it. This hack is definately something new and the hackers are only targeting specific sites so it's not that wide spread which I suppose would make it difficult to crack or because its not wide spread not worth the time to investigate.
Old 02-23-2013, 10:11 AM
Mosets'd

Default This is terrible

It's disgusting to have this happen to you. There has been nothing but praise for your system and I was expecting to use it for a new mosets directory. I can't imagine what you're going through right now. Karma will get this a** but not soon enough. I hope you can find a way to get around the hacker soon. Wish you the best!
Old 03-01-2013, 01:58 PM
Mosets'd

Tradewise,

I read your joomla issue on the joomla forum.

From what i've read you have quite a few domains on your server but it is only one specific domain that is being targetted. Yes?

What you can do.

Go to akeeba website and get the akeeba admin tools pro version. (not sure if the standard version has this feature). Install it on the domain that is being targetted. In admin tools pro you have the option to block all IP's of a given country.

You have identified the IP address of the hacker which should let you identify the country. As the domain that is being targetted is not running as a website you can then monitor that particular domain.

Nick at Akeeba also has the most hardened htaccess file i've ever seen you can place in the targetted domains root folder.

Old versions of JCE editor prior to 2.3.1 had a serious exploit that allowed hackers to propagate their hacked files to other domains within the server. This might explain why you couldn't find the hacked files on 2.5.9 as they were coming from another domain on your server. Do a check of your domains joomla installs and see if there exists an old JCE version prior to 2.3.1

Also your hosting provider can set the open_basedir so that nothing can propagate from another domain within your server.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by Lenfitz; 03-01-2013 at 02:08 PM.
Old 03-02-2013, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenfitz View Post
I read your joomla issue on the joomla forum. From what i've read you have quite a few domains on your server but it is only one specific domain that is being targetted. Yes?
The point you have missed is that we transfered the PP domain to a NEW server with no other sites on it, then just installed J2.59 will all new passwords and nothing else the install was done by a 3rd party to rule out the possibility of my computer/connections being comprimised and it was still hacked within 2 hours.

Since that rulled out my computer, I've then done several complete account deletes followed by new installs of again just J2.59 trying everyting I can think of. But, the only way I can keep this guy out is to not have a user system, meaning I deleted from the DB all content of the user table so there are no users. As soon as there's any user in the DB and that can be registered, member, admin or super user he can get in.

I've tried blocking the IP and the country, then the IP's change and so does the country, I sincerly believe this guy has found a new exploit in Joomla and feel I'm pretty much on my own till others start getting hacked the same way.
Old 03-03-2013, 04:10 AM
Mosets'd

By the sounds of it you have eliminated everything and isolated it to joomla 2.5.9.

Guess we are all in the same boat.

As a rule of thumb I don't generally update to the next joomla version IE: 1.5 to 2.5 until the 2.5 version has matured to around 2.5.15 but have had to bite the bullet myself as joomla stopped support for 1.5 very early and some of the 1.5 versions got hacked in the last 3 weeks on my server.

I know this doesn't help you much and sucks and we are ALL susceptible according to what is happening with your 2.5.9 install.

Am I still correct in thinking this is 1 domain only?

If so I noted that another joomla user was having issues when the domain register got hacked and the persons domain name was pointing to the wrong server which allowed a mirrored site to change her website.

Might be worth checking that this particular domain name at the register is only pointing to your DNS server.

Hope it gets sorted soon mate.

Cheers.

Last edited by Lenfitz; 03-07-2013 at 05:24 AM.
Old 03-06-2013, 07:53 PM

Yes, only one domain is being targeted with this particular attack - PaymentsPlus. The domain DNS is fine.
Old 03-07-2013, 06:03 AM
Mosets'd

Just thinking out aloud based on this info...

Domain Name: paymentsplus.com.au

Last Modified: 21-Feb-2013 21:47:59 UTC << Did you renew or modify on this date? >>

Registrar ID: NetRegistry
Registrar Name: NetRegistry

Reverse IP: 179 other sites hosted on this server << This is also not good, In fact this is very bad>>

Is it also the case that your website isn't hacked until you delegate your domain name to your hosting server? Meaning if you create an account and do not delegate the domain name your site isn't hacked?

No promises at this stage...But I do have a joomla specific dedicated server we might be able to throw this on and get to the bottom of it. If you have no success let me know and we shall see if we can help out.

Cheers
Old 03-26-2013, 07:05 AM
Mosets'd

I assume since there is no way to communicate with tradewise, that this extension can be considered dead?

We've been victims of DDOS, SQL injections etc and could help, but the silence here is deafing. Not the best way to deal with this, assuming that there is enough revenue in the product to continue some work on it?
Old 05-02-2013, 01:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shri View Post
I assume since there is no way to communicate with tradewise, that this extension can be considered dead?

We've been victims of DDOS, SQL injections etc and could help, but the silence here is deafing. Not the best way to deal with this, assuming that there is enough revenue in the product to continue some work on it?
Hi Shri -- You can try a PM to tradewise (Steve) through this forum. He does respond to emails, too, once you have his email account, of course. At least he is active in this forum. I, too, want to get the most recent version of Payments Plus. I can see where this hacked server issue has become a hugely time consuming issue. I also wouldn't be surprised if the attacker is monitoring this thread, too.

Steve, please reply to my email when you have a chance. Or PM me here if your TP email was compromised, too. Thanks. I want to get PP for J 2.5.

Best,
Kimo
Old 06-27-2013, 09:53 PM
Mosets'd

Has anyone heard from Tradewise at all? The last response was several months ago and the site is still dead.
Old 06-27-2013, 10:00 PM

Default Switching to JPayPlans

No, I haven't heard from Steve.
I'm evaluating JPayPlans, which has an integration to Mosets. Not handled quite the same as with Payments Plus, but if I can't get updates or security patches from Steve, what choice do I have?
Looks like it will also handle other services I plan to offer, too.

Good luck!
Old 06-27-2013, 10:35 PM
Mosets'd

Thanks for the update. Please let us know your opinions of JpayPlans. MT is looking like a dead end without any payment vehicle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbtouring View Post
No, I haven't heard from Steve.
I'm evaluating JPayPlans, which has an integration to Mosets. Not handled quite the same as with Payments Plus, but if I can't get updates or security patches from Steve, what choice do I have?
Looks like it will also handle other services I plan to offer, too.

Good luck!
Old 06-28-2013, 09:11 AM

Default Other payment options for MT

I wouldn't say MT is a dead end. There are quite a few other payment options for MT, though with varying capabilities. There's a thread about it in this forum somewhere.

JPayPlans appears to be a thriving extension with lots of capabilities.

And it supports Authorize.net, which Payments Plus does not.
Old 06-28-2013, 10:24 PM
Mosets'd

I was actually looking for the thread. I believe there used to be an FAQ post about it. However, now in the help section it just says that MT doesn't support payments. There's no reference to 3rd party stuff at all, which kind of infers that they just have no interest in that functionality, which probably makes it harder for developers to put something together.

But I'm very interested in your evaluation of JpayPlans. I'll probably try to look at the demo. Also wondering if you considered SobiPro at all? I'm kind of torn between the 2 at the moment.

Thanks.
Quote:
I wouldn't say MT is a dead end. There are quite a few other payment options for MT, though with varying capabilities. There's a thread about it in this forum somewhere.

JPayPlans appears to be a thriving extension with lots of capabilities.

And it supports Authorize.net, which Payments Plus does not.
Old 06-28-2013, 10:45 PM

Default Paid Listings in MT

Here is a quick reference to third-party payment systems for Mosets Tree. Is this what you were referring to?

Again, unless I'm mistaken, they don't do the same thing that PaymentsPlus does — allow you to create different custom listing types.

As for Sobi Pro, I haven't really looked into it.
Old 06-29-2013, 09:56 PM
Mosets'd

Ok, I remember seeing that page a long time ago. But this is in their current pre-sales questions area: http://www.mosets.com/help/kb/pre-sales/12

Also, I tried to ask some pre-sales questions to Jpayplans, but their contact us form kept flagging my submission as spam. I even posted about that on their fb page and got a somewhat non-coherent response.

I'm going to dl the trial of Sobi Pro. I'll try to do a comparison of it and MT. Someone did one a few years ago, but obviously with older versions of both components.

Was wondering if you compared AEC against jpayplans. We're really just trying to find a simple solution that allows people to create a listing, pay for it, and have it autopublish (online payment) and also send out renewal notices.

Thanks.

Quote:
Here is a quick reference to third-party payment systems for Mosets Tree. Is this what you were referring to?

Again, unless I'm mistaken, they don't do the same thing that PaymentsPlus does allow you to create different custom listing types.

As for Sobi Pro, I haven't really looked into it.
Old 10-03-2013, 04:36 PM
Mosets'd

Default Any more info

Just wondering if anyone has got anywhere with this ... I thought Tradewise would be back online by now with the recent Joomla security update?
He doesn't seem to be answering any emails (not sure if they have disappeared with the domain) nor can I do private message via here!
If payment plus is dead in the water then whats the best alternative for a payment subscription ...or is a it a case of start again from scratch with a different component?
Has anyone done the tests mentioned above?

Thanks
Old 11-11-2013, 11:31 PM
Mosets'd

Any more news? or does anyone have a good alternative .... REALLY NEED SOME ADVICE? or is mosets tree dead ...
Also not happy with tradewise .... paid for support and got nothing ... not even a refund!!!!
Old 12-24-2013, 04:44 AM
Mosets'd

Default 3dwebdesign

You may want to try working with www.3dwebdesign.org
I've bought a payment processor, but haven't yet set it up .
For me, at elast, I find it hard to work with them. communication is only by forum.
Old 01-08-2014, 06:40 PM
Mosets'd

Default 3D Web Design

stuarthwerner, we (3dwebdesign.org) have support over email and over forum.

Our extenision com_payments. Com_payments support Mtree 2 and Mtree 3 and have seven different plugins for Mosets Tree and six payment processors (2 virtual pos terminals and 2 bulgarian only payments). For english users are only two payment processors: Paypal and bank transfer. In progress is one more new plugin for Mtree - to show/hide listings contact details after payment.

P.S. To admin: will be nice to have link to our component on this page: http://www.mosets.com/help/kb/mosets-tree/61 . There is no other extension for joomla with more plugins for Mosets Tree.

Last edited by eduarddimitrov; 01-08-2014 at 06:46 PM.
Old 01-09-2014, 12:51 AM
Mosets'd

Default 3webdesign payment processor for mt

Yes, but I've requested more than once that I'd pay for help.I find the support very confusing to use.And the processor doesn't do for me what I want.
I need it to give the user , from the user menu, not from the web , the choice of free,simple basic payment or VIP.As I understand your VIP is equivalent to 'featured' ; I don't know how to set that up.It is not so by default, which I think it should be(ie accesed from the user menu) .
Old 01-10-2014, 03:55 PM
Mosets'd

Default 3dwebdesign payment processors for Mosets Tree

Stuart, sorry, but we can't offer any paid development from months - every month we have huge number of orders for paid development for many of our extensions. And for example when we have 2 prepaid orders for custom development for about 1000 euro or more, we cancel for this month all other requests because we are now with only one programmer.

Anyway, you can order such a plugin for com_payments or just a modification from other company. We have information for developers and in component package is included example template for action plugin, and every php programmer with joomla experience can make new plugin for com_payments for not more than 4 to max 7-8 working hours.

Last edited by eduarddimitrov; 01-10-2014 at 03:57 PM.
Old 04-03-2014, 01:27 AM
Mosets'd

Hi Tradewise. Is there any way that I can buy PaymentsPlus Version 3.25 for Mtree 3.0.3 from you? I can pay using PayPal or by check and you can send it by email if need be. I have your older version for MT 2.xx and have found that its the only MT extension that does what I need. Maybe we can communicate by PM or something.
Thanks, Dan