Go Back   Mosets Community > Archives > Mosets Hot Property 1.0 > Discussions, Troubleshooting and Problems

Old 10-20-2009, 01:15 AM
Mosets'd

Default Bug: PDF icons still there even when disabled

I assume it's a bug since I tried on my localhost and online test sites and despite hiding PDF icon under settings, it still shows it on each property.
This is more of a problem since the second blank page bug is still not solved...
Old 10-20-2009, 07:39 AM

I have the exact same issue! When I go to:

Property Manager > Settings

I set PDF icon to no but it still appears in all of the properties.

Also I have Advanced Search set to no but it still appears as well.
Old 10-20-2009, 08:12 PM
Mosets'd

dknight, antoine, anyone?
should I post on the dedicated support section?
Old 10-20-2009, 11:54 PM

Had the same issue here... ended up having to delete the code from the template file.
Old 10-21-2009, 10:15 PM
Mosets Team - Lead Developer

Thanks for reporting this. It will be fixed in the next update.
Old 10-22-2009, 04:25 PM
Mosets'd

Maybe at this point you can quantify your expectations about the next release?
this month, beginning of the next, end of the next...
please just avoid "I hope by this month" or similar, it happened 3 times at least for the last release and we waited 10 months, it could affect your credibility.
What are you working on? There are a lot of bugs to solve? Anything to restructure?
We have been eagerly awaiting for years for this stable release, please consider regular communications, e.g. 345 bugs to squash yet and 10 things to do...
And maybe some reference about expected features...
Old 10-23-2009, 12:58 AM
Mosets'd

On another note relating to this...

The PDF button is in the code for the Hot Property templates and not controlled by the Joomla parameters. I want the PDF so I'm OK with it, but we are now also missing the "e-mail to a friend" button and the "print" button. This is, I'm guessing, because the Hot Property template calls directly for this instead of using Joomla's call and they aren't there.

If anyone has been able to add the other buttons back in I would appreciate a shout! I'll keep hacking away in the mean time...
Old 10-23-2009, 11:28 PM

Hi guys,

Thanks for reporting this little bug which in our front-end overhaul has lip through the net.

Be assured this has been fixed in our repository and won't disturb you in the next release, that fortunately you won't have to wait so long the previous one but should come up soon (we hope the end of next month).

In the mean-time, to address it, please edit components/com_hotproperty/views/properties/tmpl/default.php and at line 33, replace:
PHP Code:
        <?php echo MosetsHTML::_('hotproperty.icon.pdf'$this->row); ?>
by
PHP Code:
    <?php if ($hotproperty->getCfg('show_pdficon'1)) : ?>
        <?php echo MosetsHTML::_('hotproperty.icon.pdf'$this->row); ?>
    <?php endif; ?>
Best regards.

Last edited by abernier; 10-23-2009 at 11:32 PM.
Old 10-24-2009, 12:58 AM
Mosets'd

Thanks for the reply but what about the "print" and "email" buttons?

As I am now moving forward with beta5 I'm scared to death of upgrading again since we have to edit the core files to get this thing customized... I had to start over between beta4 and beta5.
Old 10-28-2009, 03:02 PM

We've decided to remove this 2 features for 2 reasons:

- most popular browsers have the capability to "E-mail" a page from within a browser.
- "Print" feature, ideally should be handled using a print CSS stylesheet. Which means when such stylesheet is available, print a property page will print the relavent information minus the site's modules. Look at this page for some explaination - http://www.webcredible.co.uk/user-fr...ylesheet.shtml.

Having said the above, we plan to implement a new hook to allow third party developers to add 'sharing' functionality, for example to "e-mail", send to twitter, delicous and what not.
Old 10-29-2009, 01:29 AM
Mosets'd

Well OK. I get the issue about printing, but the "email a friend" would still be a nice feature.
Old 10-29-2009, 11:46 AM

Default Re: "Email to a friend"

Quote:
but the "email a friend" would still be a nice feature
Well,

My opinion on this is:
  • Web is web
  • Mail is mail

And a browser is a bad mail client.

Moreover, this feature is very often (I'd say 90% of the time) used as a personal way to bookmark a webpage, but this is more a bad habits since our browser (the one we were talking about just before) has bookmarks capabilities...

You really want to email a friend about this page?
  • Why don't you drag and drop the URL to your mail client and write a personal and short message about your find (or just use your browser's "Send link to this page" feature)
  • Maybe your friend is on chat, just copy/paste him the URL and send it a short message with
  • Maybe your friend is following you on twitter, why don't tweeting a short message?

There are loads of ways to "tell a friend" about a webpage, in my opinion the "email to a friend" button is probably the poorest and the less convivial one, since you're more likely not going to write a personal message, but just send it with the default and informal one, which will have for effect to be not really convincing for your friend to read it – or otherwise there is no reason not to write a real mail.

That's just my opinion

Best regards

PS: A discussion about it - http://www.ixda.org/discuss.php?post=36156

Last edited by abernier; 10-29-2009 at 12:05 PM.
Old 10-30-2009, 02:11 AM
Mosets'd

I get your point, but I my case, we are selling products, not B-S'ing with friends - there's a lot of other ways to do that now. I'll give you an example...

The purchasing department for a large company has been given the task to source a million dollar piece of equipment. They find what they are looking for on my site and send the link to their owner for review. It's a matter of convenience. I think we are too quick to assume that everyone is at the same level with online technologies. 20% of our visitors still use IE 6! I really don't care, so long as they buy that million dollar piece of equipment.

I'm not trying to be a smarta$$, just hoping people will remember that there are more uses for things than just the obvious...
Old 11-03-2009, 12:35 PM

We're removing them at this point to streamline the extensibility of HP. As I said above, we plan to introduce a new hook to bring back the functionality later on.
Old 11-07-2009, 03:50 PM
Mosets'd

As quick contact you can also test and use a module called "Simple page option".

It have many nice features too except a quick contact feature that you can configure in back end.

You can check it out here http://extensions.joomla.org/extensi...ssibility/5974

But of course you must put it into a module position..

For pdf printing if you need it test the Phoca pdf solution
http://extensions.joomla.org/extensi...int-a-pdf/7492

Pls come back with your feedback how its working..
Old 11-10-2009, 04:02 AM
Mosets'd

Thanks for the suggestion. I assumed there was something out there already but I haven't had a chance to look. I will try this.

Also, the PDF button within Beta 5 does seem to work fairly well so I would not need to change it.