Go Back   Mosets Community > Archives > Mosets Tree 2.2 > Discussions, Troubleshooting & Problems

Old 03-18-2012, 04:50 AM
Mosets'd

Exclamation cannot edit 'start publishing' date!

When I am in the admin area and I edit a listing, the Start Publishing date gets changed to approx. 16 hours in the future automatically when I save my changes.

I try to change the Start Publishing date to yesterday, but it always saves as that future date/time!
Old 03-20-2012, 06:16 AM

Check your Joomla Global configuration for Date & Time, also check your server's time/date settings to avoid conflicts.

Hope this helps
Regards Steve
Developer of PaymentsPlus
Old 03-20-2012, 06:23 AM
Mosets'd

Default This is a bug

That does not explain why I can't set the start publish date. If I set it to last week, it won't take. It gets overridden by the MT component.

THIS IS A BUG THAT NEEDS TO BE FIXED.

I changed it in the code but if I reinstall the component I will lose those changes.
Old 03-20-2012, 07:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by donmarvin View Post
THIS IS A BUG THAT NEEDS TO BE FIXED.
Hey Don't shoot the messenger, only trying to help as another Mtree user like yourself! I doubt it's a bug because it works for me on my installed versions

Quote:
Originally Posted by donmarvin View Post
I changed it in the code but if I reinstall the component I will lose those changes.
Ummm.... Welcome to to world of modifying things. If you make changes you should keep a copy of the file with your mods on your PC and also keep notes of your mods in perhaps a text file so it's easier to remember what to update. Also if you tag your mods with a comment lines at the start and the finish it makes them easier to find with search. I start & end all my mods with comments something like this:

//TWP Start - Shows the Featured Highlight only on Featured Listings where link_featured = 1
//Original Code
//echo ($link->link_featured && $this->config->getTemParam('useFeaturedHighlight','1')) ? ' featured':'';
//Replaced With
//echo ($link->link_featured && $this->config->getTemParam('useFeaturedHighlight','1')) ? ' featured':'';
//TWP End - Shows the Featured Highlight

Another way is to use WinMerge which is a free program that might help, it opens 2 files and shows changes between them. So you'd open the copy of the modified file and the new version so you can make the changes. But you still need to remember what files you changed, hence we go back to the text file for notes.
Old 03-20-2012, 07:28 AM
Mosets'd

Wasn't trying to shoot the messenger Just trying to make the text stand out so that the powers that be will take notice.