Go Back   Mosets Community > Archives > Mosets Hot Property 1.0 > Discussions, Troubleshooting and Problems

Old 08-29-2008, 10:25 PM
Mosets'd

Default Future Functionality

Hi Guys,

Thought i better submit a new thread for this one ;-)

In terms of setting the global group used for assigning them as agents i think it would be best to change the drop down menu to check boxes, thus allowing for more than one group to submit properties.

In terms of front end access and publishing it seems if the agent submits a property but is publishing it for a date in the future they cannot or don't seem to have access to the property edit form, i can only assume that this is a simple function change but in my view agents should be allowed to set when the property can be published from and to. With this in mind it might be good to add the calendar functionality to the front end form also for this purpose of publish up and publish down.

UPDATE: ok i nailed this down to the query helper file on line 24:

Code:
$sql .= ' AND (publish_up = "0000-00-00 00:00:00" OR publish_up <= NOW())'
			. ' AND (publish_down = "0000-00-00 00:00:00" OR publish_down >= NOW())';
So as far as i can see i would need to place a check in there to see if the user is editing the listing, if they are hide this code if not then use it, like this (which works pefectly)

Code:
//added to help agents edit future published items
$task = JRequest::getCmd( 'task' );
if($task != 'edit'){
$sql .= ' AND (publish_up = "0000-00-00 00:00:00" OR publish_up <= NOW())'
			. ' AND (publish_down = "0000-00-00 00:00:00" OR publish_down >= NOW())';
		}
This will then allow agents to edit their listings in the front end even if they are set to published at a later date.

Since HP can be used for a multitude of tasks, one of which is a jobs component it might be good to be able to switch off the image upload functionality and be able to change the current property image to default to the company logo, this would be helpful certainly in our situation as a recruitment component and is what we have done.

That's all we have found so far, but i'm sure there may be more shortly ;-)

Kind Regards

Derek

Last edited by Dehaw; 08-29-2008 at 11:19 PM.
Old 09-02-2008, 02:14 PM
Mosets'd

Question

Agree. I thinking of also about setting up different user type groups for HP 1.0. Also if possible different property types with Gray or Berniers hack for HP 1.0 when ready.

How about using JUGA from Dioscouri ? is it possible to integrate with HP 1.0 ?

Anyone tried this for HP ?

http://www.dioscouri.com/juga/
Old 09-02-2008, 04:07 PM
Mosets Team - Lead Developer

Thanks for reporting the publish and edit issue by agent. We'll get this addressed in our next update.

Re: ACL

We want to keep this simple at this point and allow only one group of user to have the capability to manage properties. J!1.6 will introduce a more robust ACL for Joomla in the future and we want to see how this will affect HP before doing any changes to this.

Re: Image

This is quite easily doable by removing the upload codes in HP template. But I think it deserves a place as a config if there is enough use for this. I'll keep an eye for such request. Thanks for your suggestion, Derek!
Old 09-02-2008, 08:05 PM
Mosets'd

Question

Thanks for update Mr Lee!

hmmm I also see that one of the lead devs are doing this?

http://jxtended.com/support/article/...-overview.html so what solution should we use Mr Lee? any suggestion for the right strategy if you want to implement this now???

rgds

Last edited by ssnobben; 09-02-2008 at 08:33 PM.