Go Back   Mosets Community > Mosets Tree 3.x > Discussions, Troubleshooting & Problems

Old 08-21-2013, 09:44 AM
Mosets'd

Unhappy Optimizing 3.0+ for large category customers

First off...from what I have used of Mosets Tree 3.0+ I love. I am very much a longtime customer going back to the 1.5 days. I created a website that was meant to grow (a historical archive based on soldiers who served in an entire state during a particular historical conflict). All the way up to 2.6 it ran smooth. No problem at all. As the site grew I acquired faster and improved (and expensive) servers. Over 250,000 categories and thousands of listings. It always ran like new if I kept track of server usage and upgraded as necessary.

Now with 3.0+ it is impossible to run such a site so I am forced to stick with 2.2+. That's fine. It takes care of geocoding and with Mapator it is very functional. However, my only problem is that the 2.2.6 upgrade left out the mass category additions (I assume by accident). I need that. Furthermore, it would be great to upgrade to 3.0+. I already purchased it. Ready to go. However, I can't because it is just not suited to run an unlimited cat site like previous version. For example, one table creates millions of rows. I forget which table that was in 3.0 but that is obviously not going to work for people who want to grow their site using Mosets Tree.

Please consider finding a way to optimize a future version of 3.0. Thank you for the time.
Old 08-21-2013, 05:23 PM
Mosets'd

I had the same problem. My directory has more than 270,000 listings, and 2.2.6 worked without problems. When I switched to 3.0.5 I noticed there was a lot slower and often can not be open and made a 500 internal server error. Lee told me that optimization is not over yet, for this reason I went back to 2.2.6.
A few days ago I tried to upgrade to 3.0.10. It seems to me that it is better, but in my opinion still slower than 2.2.6.
Old 08-23-2013, 04:20 AM
Mosets'd

Thanks for the reply. I had a feeling I was not alone on this issue. I hope they can get this up to 2.2.6 speeds soon.