Go Back   Mosets Community > Mosets Announcements and Discussions > Mosets & Joomla

Old 06-29-2009, 05:39 PM

Default Handling payments with Mosets products?

A limiting factor for me with both Mosets products is that there is no payment handling system built in. If you're using either Moset product how do you handle payments? Have you integrated a third party product (if so which?), do you use a seperate Subscription Management system (again...if so which?).

Whilst I really like the look of both products, and can see some possible applications for me I am concerned about this. It's a difficult one, but it would make me consider what I regard in some ways as lesser products (e.g. PHP Link Directory) due to their off the shelf payments handling ability.

It's a real issue from where I'm sitting and I'm hoping that someone can help educate me (& likely lots of othere) that there are good options out there.

So people - how do you handle payments with your Mosets products?
Old 06-29-2009, 08:05 PM
Mosets Team - Lead Developer

Hi RJK,

Welcome to the forum.

Indeed, payment integration is not something that is available out of the box in any of our products and we don't have plans to support this in near to mid-term at this point. There are however third party options available for this. Take a look at Payment Plus and AEC.
Old 06-29-2009, 09:14 PM

Hi Lee - I was aware that you didn't offer it as part of the package, however, I'm keen to find people who have actually implemented a payment handling system in conjunction with either of your products, in part because I can then take a look at their site to see how seemless it is as well asbeing very interested to hear of their experiences in doing it. Appreciating how supportive a developer / the community is a a given product is pretty important to me - and for the record you score highly!
Old 06-30-2009, 11:58 AM
Mosets Team - Lead Developer

Thanks RJK. Those are the 2 that I'm aware of providing such functionality. I have not tried either of them before, so I can't how how seamless they integrates with MT. Best if you can contact them directly with your spec.
Old 06-30-2009, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJK View Post
in part because I can then take a look at their site to see how seemless it is as well asbeing very interested to hear of their experiences in doing it. Appreciating how supportive a developer / the community is a a given product is pretty important to me - and for the record you score highly!
HI RJK,
I'm the developer of PaymentsPlus, we've created a demo site for our product so you can see first hand from both a user and admin prospective. Our main site is www.paymentsplus.com.au you'll be able to pick up the demo link from there.

Hope this helps regards Steve.
Old 06-30-2009, 08:50 PM

Thanks Lee and Hi / thanks Steve. I've taken a quick look at your product Steve and am certainly interested. I need to find some more time to really get to grips with what it does etc.. and I am sure I'll be in touch with you at some point in the coming 6 weeks. One quick question for you though, is your payment solution compatible with the latest (2.1) release of MT?
Old 07-01-2009, 04:33 AM

Default Language support

Steve - one other thing which is a must have for me; is your software available in French? If not, would I be able to easily change the relevant bits and pieces (i.e. anything visible to paying customers)?
Old 07-01-2009, 06:06 AM

Currently PaymentsPlus works with Mtree 2.09, however I'm working on the Patch Kit for Mtree 2.1 and hope to release this soon (1 to 2 weeks) after I install it on my production site and test it.

As for other languages, in the 2.1 release I've completely gone over the code and moved any text that displays in PaymentsPlus Admin into the language file to make conversion of the definitions to other languages easier.

For users however, PaymentsPlus uses modified versions of Mtree's templates so the user never leaves the Mtree system, except to pay at PayPal. The 2.1 patch kit will also be updated to add definitions to Mtree's English language file where needed. This should also assist greatly in conversion to other languages.

Hope this helps

If you'd like to ask more questions about PaymentsPlus please use our General Public forums at www.paymentsplus.com.au

Regards Steve.

Last edited by tradewise; 07-01-2009 at 06:19 AM. Reason: typo
Old 07-31-2009, 01:48 PM

Default PaymentsPlus 2.10 Now Available

Hi to anyone interested I am pleased to announce the immediate availability of PaymentsPlus 2.15 with a new Patch Kit for Mosets Tree 2.1.2

Any questions about PaymentsPlus please direct them to our forums at
www.paymentsplus.com.au

Regards to all Steve.

Last edited by tradewise; 11-16-2009 at 08:32 AM. Reason: updated version availability