Go Back   Mosets Community > Third party Developers, Addons and Services for Mosets components > 3rd party addons & Custom Jobs

Old 07-24-2008, 10:14 AM

Default New Payment How to Tutorial for Mtree 2.0+

New Mtree Payment System being developed.... any interest???

With all the Payment or Subscription systems out there, none seem to work well with MTree Listings. MamboCharge WAS the only only that had promise, but alas it has not been updated for Mtree 2.0+ as as anyone that purchased it knows its encrypted so you can't mod it if you need to.

NOW THE GOOD NEWS!
I'm in the process of testing a new series of hacks that enabled me to create a payment system for Mtree 2.0+ on Joomla 1.53+ using PayPal's IPN system.

This series of hacks and add on applications will allow you to easily manage subscriptions for your mtree listings. Best of all the code will not be encrypted so you'll be able to mod to your hearts content!

Once applied these hacks can work with Mtree listings out of the box or with my previous tutorial for different listing types. I'll be releasing this as another very comprehensive paid tutorial with support hopefully in about 2 - 3 weeks.

The new tutorial will include all the code needed including the PayPal IPN code to apply the hacks and also have some additional tutorials on how to create the tables/forms in Fabrik (free open source) to help manage your subscriptions sales.

These tutorials do take considerable time to put together, so I'm trying to see who's interested, because the more interested the faster I'll be motivated to finish. The Payment Systems Tutorial will cost $45.00 USD
The current Listing Types Tutorial is $35.00 USD,
when released you can buy the 2 for $60.00 USD

So, anyone interested????

To all those who purchased my first tutorial before the release of the Payments Tutorial you will be able to get the new tutorial for only $25.00 USD
Old 07-30-2008, 08:31 PM
Mosets'd

I am interested but I disagree that "No Payment" system has been developed. I personally am using AEC to provide Subscriptions and Paid Listing features through Micro-Integration.

The down side is that it did not work immediately and I had to spend about 7 days hacking the code to finally get it to work.

Once more I developed an addon to AEC which allows Automatic Coupon Codes to be generated when a user purchases a subscription. That way they can use it on their next purchase or even distribute it to other people and give them a discount as well as make money themselves. All uses are registered to the database. This is completely managed throuch CB 1.1 or CB 1.2 through a Plugin/Tab.

Its actually very neat.

I plan on releasing this as well in the future.

My point to this story is that there is another payment gateway but will it work the same as yours? Can you provide more details on how it will work? Does it integrate with AEC? Do you have a demo site we can see it in action?

Thanks,
James
Old 07-30-2008, 11:37 PM

Hi James,

We type again....

My system doesn't need AEC and there's no reason you still can't use CB if you want. Here's a simple work Flow:

1. User must me registered to place a listing.

2. Nothing is changed in Mtree on how to place a listing, except after the listing is placed.

3. Listings are identified as either being Free or Paid Listings.

4. Once Listing is Added the User is redirected to a modified Owner Page where they can view all their Listings.

5. The Listings then show what Status they are in:
New Listing - Not Published, Current - Showing Expiry Date, Current showing expiry in < 60 days - <30 Days or <7Days, Free Listing Pending - Awaiting Approval, Paid Listing Pending - Awaiting Payment applies if Off-Line Payment or PayPal ECheque and lastly Listing Suspended - Current but not approved. If you needed more its easy to add more scenarios.

6. If a Free Listing, User sees an Activate Listing Button, clicking this takes the user to a Form where they agree to terms etc... Then their Free Listing subscription details are added to database. Listing is set as pending waiting admin approval.

7. If a Paid Listing User has two choices "A" Pay by PayPal - on successful Payment Listing is automatically Approved, Published and Publish Down Date is set all done by PayPal's IPN System. "B" If a Paid Listing for Off line payment its treated the say way as a free listing except it's recorded as payment pending. Once Admin approves payment its published ect...

8. Admin panel can manage both paid and free subscriptions.

9. Admin can manage Auto Email messages sent at various stages throughout IPN process.

10. Configuration settings should allow any currency.

11. Everything can be easily managed via simple admin forms and data viewed in tables.

12. Does require Fabrik - However it will include tutorials for creating all the required forms, tables etc... and Fabrik is Open Source.

13. A tutorial will be included for the PayPal IPN System, Mtree Mods required, Joomla menus etc....

14. All the source code and templates supplied is heavily commented explaining some of the more detailed functions and MYSQL queries used through out the system.

15. IT is NOT an installable package, however the tutorial will lead you through set by step to create the system with ALL code supplied. In this way , Admin will get first hand knowledge how the system works, the more adventurous can further mod if they like.

16. Myself I'm not a programmer, I best describe myself as a copy & paste coder, so if I can build this system then anyone with basic PHP, HTML skills should be easily able to implement or modify it. The idiot notes I've included (mainly to jog my memory) extensively throughout the code in itself should be invaluable to beginners in PHP, HTML and MYSQL.

Here's just 1 example of many:
PHP Code:
// TWP define_paypal_values.php is the script to genetate the PayPal Payment button within your Joomla site. This file sends the info in the form
// to PayPal who in return sends a responce back to the IPN script located on your server. This file is the starting point for all PAYPAL IPN payment Processing.

// TWP Note below is a different query to the one found in ipn_messages.php the query below is called from within joomla whereas ipn_messages.php is called via the IPN
//which is independant of Joomla. If you compare the scritps you should be able to see the differences and this may help you to delelop other queries where/when/if needed.
//TWP QUERY DATABASE FOR PRODUCT  VALUES
    <?php $database->setQuery"SELECT id, title, price, period, period_amt, shipping FROM #__mt_ipn_products WHERE listing_type = '$ListingType'" );  //TWP We now query the database for subscription product info and get the RIGHT Product based on the Listing Type
$database->loadObject$products ); ?>
Of course the above doesn't really tell you anything - it's just an example. Now as I've state I'm not a programmer, I've written this because there's a need - I needed it and I know others do too! There could be a betterway to write some code but at the end of the date you will be able to create and manage a working system and hopefully learn something along the way.

Now where I'm at: I'm about 2 weeks away from finishing the tutorial and fine tuning the whole thing, I am planing to have a demo site but that's not on my priorty list at this stage. The tutorial however will include a lot of screen shots to lead you through the process.

Finally, my experience - I teach adult education in building Joomla websites from basic to intermediate levels and have been doing so for the past 4 years. I've also written a 200 page manual with video tutorials throughout on Digital photo editing for Printing and The Web and teach the same to intermediate and advanced levels.

And no this tutorial doesn't have video tutorials because it takes 3 hours to do 5 minutes worth - I simply haven't the time to do video at this stage.

Hope this helps. Regards Steve!!!
Old 07-30-2008, 11:45 PM

Duplicated for some reason????

Last edited by tradewise; 07-30-2008 at 11:47 PM. Reason: Duplicated for some reason????
Old 08-12-2008, 05:32 PM
Mosets'd

Thumbs up

This is nice bcs this is needed. The AEC also cover both MT and HP, Skore now working to upgrade the HP 1.0 microintegration.

James, is your hack also for HP 1.0 ?

It should be very nice and practical to have o n e AEC hack that can take care of both MT 2.0.8 and HP 1.0.

I see this nice HP site with also the HP AJax search module http://www.medhead.com/index.php?lang=en where you have this kind of dynamic form I have been talking about in HP forums.

Showing property type, country, location, city, property type, price range and size parameters with Google maps integration!

This set up is exactly what people need for setting up their properties and also for people to find it world wide!

It also have AEC subscription component for buying ad space as agent so you can set up listings with coupons
Old 08-13-2008, 06:42 AM
Mosets'd

Smile I'm Definitely Interested

The Second It's ready, let me know, I'll be your first customer! I've got a roughly one year old highly customized mosets/mambocharge integration with reciprocal link checking of url's in listings, 3 listing types, image gallery/lightbox in listings with different number of images allowed per listing type, videos in listings, and google maps with the ability to get directions directly in the listings. It was a TON of work a year ago, but turned out great, quite unique and super-highly functional... That said, basically impossible to upgrade to newer versions of mosets... or J 1.5 for that matter... Well, now it's time to do so, and I'd like to start with your tutorials for the listing types and payment system, and then I'll do the rest of the functionality (much of which has been added or discussed in the forums since...)
PLEASE PM me and let me know what your url's are, how I pay you and get the tutorials etc.

thanks! Keep up the good work!
Old 08-19-2008, 12:17 AM
Mosets'd

I am interested in getting this fucntionality in my site, could you please contact me on this ASAP...email address is [email protected]se email me and let me know!
Old 08-19-2008, 05:47 AM

Payments tutorial will be available very soon, I'm just finalising a few things and then need to set it up on my demo site for all to see. All going well it should be available in the next few days.

Regards to all - Steve!!!
Old 08-19-2008, 10:22 AM
Mosets'd

Default Very Interested

I think, first of all, that it's one of those odd things about both Mosets products in general that there are no integrated payment systems with either of them and there doesn't seem to be any on the calendar any time soon. Meanwhile, competitor products are offering them at competitive process, including free. However, there is a quality to the code and/or certain features here that keeps me using M Tree and not it's main competitor (at this point). If there was a payment system with Hot Property, I may consider it as well. Many other feel the same way and I know that Mosets is losing people as a result. Bottom line is they'd sell more product if they did.

So, all that said, anyone here who can write a tutorial on how to do it would be more than welcomed by many. Of course a free one would be better , and I think it the price sounds a little steep: you can buy 400 page books for that price, and many extensions. But hey, if it actually works, then I would be very interested.
Old 08-20-2008, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkydog View Post
Of course a free one would be better , and I think it the price sounds a little steep: you can buy 400 page books for that price, and many extensions. But hey, if it actually works, then I would be very interested.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkydog View Post
I think it the price sounds a little steep: you can buy 400 page books for that price, and many extensions. But hey, if it actually works, then I would be very interested.
I can understand where you are coming from, BUT, when I think on the math in this I can tell you that my logic says not to do it, so please try to look at it form my prospective:

I wrote the scripts for my own site because I needed a reliable payment system to replace mambocharge and with research & testing it's taken over 250 hours to develop. Now I have this working on a production site, I really don't need to do any more.

A Publisher of a 400 page book would expect to sell a minimum of 20,000 books. So far only 6 people have indicated their interest in this, but lets say 15 are interested for the exercise.

However, I realise that there are others out there that could use this. If I just released the scripts most people wouldn't be able to work out what to do with it. So, I'd need to spend another 60+ hours writing a "How To".

In my normal course of work I charge $55 per hour so to write this tutorial I'm effectively doing it at a considerable loss by taking up time in what could have been better used billable hours. So, lets get back to the math....

OK, So I spend 60 hours writing the tutorial to give away my scripts that effectively cost over $13,750 to develop. I then offer email support. Based on the last tutorial most people have used 1.5 hours of my time EACH, so there's even more time to allow for.

20 buyers at $45 = $900 60 hours to write + 22.5 hours support = 82.5+ hours.
Divide 82.5 hours into $900 = $10.90 per hour - Discouraging is it not? In this example I'm working at less that one fifth my normal rate.

In short what you are really paying for is pre-paid email support and even then you are getting it for less than I'd normally charge. Consider that here in Australia $55 per hour is a below average charge. So sorry the bottom line is that I just can't work for free, getting a pat on the back doesn't put food on the table.

Also consider that what you are getting from me is a system to allow you to make money from your website, on average 1 paid listing on your site should cover my charge, or you could save the $45 and spend the frustrating 250+ hours and try to work it out for yourself. - its your choice!

I hope you all can understand.

Regards to All Steve!!!
Old 08-20-2008, 12:59 PM
Mosets'd

I'm interested.
Old 08-21-2008, 02:31 PM
Mosets'd

Default Getting your tutorials

Tradewise, how do I get the multiple listing type tutorial? where do I go? where do I send payment? I don't see anything in any of these forum threads about how to get these things from you, and I want to get started at least with the multiple listings immediately, so I have it done when you make the payment tutorial available. Please send me the info immediately, or better yet, post it.

thanks
Old 08-25-2008, 03:35 PM

Smile Payments Tutorial Now Available

Hi to all interested
The Payments Tutorial is Now available.

I'm currently working on the demo site but in the mean time if you PM me with your details I'll give you a link to the demo.

The Payment Systems Tutorial is priced at only $45.00 USD
The Listing Types Tutorial is $35.00 USD,
Or you can buy 2 for $60.00 USD

Please PM me for more Details

A colleague installed this today in less than 4 hours and he has very minimal php/html knowledge - his comment at the end was "If a monkey could read, then he could easily do this!"

With over 60 pages of Step by Step plain English instructions with numerous screen shots to guide you along the way you really can't go wrong. And don't forget I back this up with Email support to get you up and running ASAP.

To the previous people who paid for the Listing Types Tutorial please contact me for a very special deal for a copy of this must have payments system for MTree.

Regards to all Steve!!!
Old 08-26-2008, 05:23 AM

Tradewise it would be much nicer if you just post the DEMO site here first so we can have a look at it... Cheers
Old 08-26-2008, 05:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shah View Post
Tradewise it would be much nicer if you just post the DEMO site here first so we can have a look at it... Cheers
I'm still working on the demo site, so it's not quite ready for full access. If you PM me I'll send you the link with a bit more info.

Regards Steve!!!
Old 08-26-2008, 05:40 AM

Is the pm functionality working on the forum?, few days back searched for it for quite some time and couldnt find it, anyways lemme check for it again
Best regards Shah
Old 08-27-2008, 10:44 AM

Default Demo Site Now Available

The Demonstration Site is Now Available.

The demo site has both the Multiple Listing Types and the Payments System installed. This will give you a better idea how everything works from both Admin and User prospective from the Front End.

Click Here To View Demo Site

Regards to all Steve!!!
Old 08-28-2008, 02:42 PM

Red face

To all who tried the Demo in the last 2 Days, my apologies, I did s stupid thing or more to the point its what I didn't do!

I forgot to reset in MT Back End Auto Approve listings = NO
Its been on Yes for last two days, so it wasn't quite doing what it was supposed to do. Fixed now & I've reset the newly added test Listings that a few have placed.

If you login again and go to "My Listing Management" you'll now see the Pay & Confirm buttons and other details.

Also thanks to "bgrohsman" for his suggestion on Listing Types core field allocation which has streamlined the field used to define the listing types.

Again my apologises for any inconvenience Regards to all Steve!!!
Old 09-26-2008, 07:37 PM
Mosets'd

Default Very interested.

Yes I am very interested and even willing to pay in advance if that option is available with this release. Just let me know when and where!!
Old 09-26-2008, 08:31 PM

The Demo Site is at www.aussiepass.com.au/testing all details on both tutorials are there!

regards Steve!!!
Old 10-07-2008, 08:28 AM

Default Tutorial Updated to Mtree2.09

Hi all just a quick note that the payments tutorial has been updated to Mtree Ver 2.09.

More info on the demo site at www.aussiepass.com.au/testing
Old 10-10-2008, 03:58 PM
Mosets'd

Question

Hi Steve,

I just wonder why you dont pack this into a joomla component using this dev tool It would be possible?

EasyCreator for Component, Module, Plugin, Template

Short:
EasyCreator is a developer tool.
It tries to speed up the developing process of custom components, modules, plugin and templates.
You can create a 'frame' for your extension and an installable zip package with just a few 'clicks'.
Old 10-10-2008, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssnobben View Post
Hi Steve,

I just wonder why you dont pack this into a joomla component using this dev tool It would be possible?

EasyCreator for Component, Module, Plugin, Template
Three reasons why not....
1. The code supplied with the payments tutorial is a lot more complex than a basic component, I don't think Easy Creator could handle the complexities.
2. The Payments System requires Fabrik to process most forms, so to package as a component I'd have to re-invent the wheel and write new code for all the stuff Fabrik Handles.
3. As I've stated before, if this was a pre-packaged component it would not be easy to do custom modifications. The tutorial shows you how to build the payments system, this will enable most people to further modify to suit their individual needs. Additionally using Fabrik to process Table & Form Data makes it dead easy to extend functionality. Once again the tutorial shows how, it is flexible whereas a pre-packaged component wouldn't be.

I can understand the reluctance of some people not wanting to get their hands dirty to build the payments system, if this is the case then contact me via the DEMO SITE and let me know your exact requirements and I'll give you a custom quote on installing the system on your live server ready to use.

Regards Steve!!!
Old 05-30-2010, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheProDev View Post
One may also consider something ready to install:
Payment System for Mosets Tree
hmmm, seems you tacked onto a really old topic because the tutorial this topic discusses was converted to an installable solution about 2 years ago called PaymentsPlus.

Seems I forgot to update this thread

Regards Steve
Developer of PaymentsPlus.

Last edited by dknight; 06-01-2010 at 09:02 PM.