Go Back   Mosets Community > Third party Developers, Addons and Services for Mosets components > 3rd party addons & Custom Jobs

Old 02-23-2009, 04:55 PM
Mosets'd

Question Vanished 3pds dev for Mosets?

Where are all 3pds for Mosets Hot Property and Mosets Tree lately? Anthonie Berner, HeroHat, MLS SerraBiz, Gray, Rajab,Alex,Kasir..etc

Its seems that many 3pds have vanished from Mosets lately and why so if its bcs their business model or other causes I dont know about. But this could be seriously problem for people that also want more advanced features for their standard set up of Mosets Tree and/or Hot Property J 1.5 mvc native.

So the question is: where are you and why have you disappear?
Old 02-23-2009, 09:36 PM
Mosets'd

Not all disappeared. I'm still working on HP.
Some time is required to switch to J1.5. I still get inquiries for HP 0.98 and more and more for 1.0.
Old 02-26-2009, 02:41 AM
Mosets'd

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by gray View Post
Not all disappeared. I'm still working on HP.
Some time is required to switch to J1.5. I still get inquiries for HP 0.98 and more and more for 1.0.
Well good to hear that you are here Gray! all the best!

But where are all the rest?
Old 03-02-2009, 11:33 PM
Mosets'd

Time to say godbye Mosets?

Well there seems that Hot Property is slowly dying bcs its sooo slowly develpment of Hot Property even its a commercial product! Its not funny.

Maybe its to much for one man to develop these two branches? You can see that on the focus compared for MT and HP in the forums too. And MT may have a larger user base. But the J 1.5 native real estate competitors out there seems to have a brighter future if steps not are taken now. It will be to late if nothing is coming to HP now.

So whats happening here really if HP should have a chance to compete with those competitors some even free?

No new HP 1.0 features have been announced even that we set up a wish list for some improvements and HP 1 is just a copy of HP 0.98 but still missing SEO support etc

Mosets also announced with the new J 1.5 version he took in a new dev but without any faster or better progress. This was not as I expected Mosets future! I am just disappointed that the progress and information still i lacking with no roadmap/control/planning of the future for HP at all!

So I also consider to leave Mosets after following and try to make this products grow for 2,5 years with enthusiasm. That enthusiasm is gone now too. Right now I feel like I waisted my time for nothing here really.

So I am close to give up 100% on Mosets HP now if nothing happens within this week with news, releases or what ever.

Anyone that that maybe want to buy my licenses pls contact my by pm!

Its not what you say its what you do that matters! and thats my motto!
Old 03-03-2009, 12:58 PM
Mosets Team - Lead Developer

Quote:
Its not what you say its what you do that matters! and thats my motto!
Very true.

Which is why it's not my practise to announce anything that is not completed or at least in progress. Same reason why I don't like roadmap - that's not to say we don't have an idea how to progress Hot Property - we do. I's that we don't want to put words out there until we have something to show.

Re: Hot Property's development

You'll get a good sense of where this is going by looking at Hot Property 1.0 beta 4 codes. It's a dfferent beast from 0.98. In fact I would say that this is a completely new component with a robust framework that follows Joomla's MVC pattern. The only similarity is in the name, featureset and database schema. In beta 4, we revamped the back-end interface and codes. You can read the new features in http://www.mosets.com/news/. Granted, none of it is exciting for end-users but rest assured these are foundational work that will lay the roads for future development.

Tons of work is being done for beta 5 and this release we aim to restructure the front-end to provide template override, clean XHTML and SEF URLs. This release is the few remaining big push before we move our energy to implement some of the new fancy feature in next point release.

Hot Property has never been so alive. This is the point where we released Hot Property as open source and also the point where we have Antoine, our first dedicated developer to focus his work on Hot Property. He is the first developer on our payroll to work full time on code - that says something about our commitment to Hot Property.

Bear with us. If you decides to leave for another extension, I understand why you choose to do that, but I hope you'll check back to find what we have in store in the coming weeks.
Old 03-03-2009, 06:28 PM
Mosets'd

Thumbs up

Well thanks for your explanations Mr Lee.

I will do that for a few weeks to see whats happening bcs its always pro and cons with everything in life.

I though see its a lot of different J 1.5 mvc competitors that eat up much of what HP could have achieved until now but I h o p e that HP also can catch up with those competitors really now when moving to a new mvc structure.

So hope you really get tis ship on the right direction and that also Antoine that I know is a good guy will help getting HP get where the potential could be.

Just to mention one another commercial competitor you can look and learn from except the free ones. Time is crucial too when things will get there..

http://swiss-realty.ch/

http://www.joomla-realestate.com/our...cation-rentals

All the best!