Go Back   Mosets Community > Archives > Mosets Tree 2.2 > Discussions, Troubleshooting & Problems

Old 08-26-2012, 05:22 AM
Mosets'd

Default HELP!!! Someone PLEASE!!!! With Importing CSV

I have tried to contact this company for help and cant seem to get a response. I am trying to import a csv file with the importer component with the latest release on joomla 2.5.6 and get the message it was successful, but no listings show. I see there are others with the same problem, but nothing seems to work.

I have tried MANY variations of setting up the csv file. I have even set up mosets on Joomla, created a category, created a listing and exported that to a csv file to compare to the one I am trying to import. They seem to be identical with my additional listings. BUT it does it shows blank after I import.

I have confirmed that it is saved properly through excel as a utf 8 csv file for best import success and nothing works.

I would like to continue using this porgram on other sites, but need the importer to work. Any help from anyone would be appreciated. Thank [email protected]
Old 08-26-2012, 10:52 PM
Mosets'd

Hi,

import tool works very fine, maybe are you doing something wrong with the columns name?

You need to specify for each column exactly how your field is named in Mosets, like link_name,address,postcode,telephone,fax,website,e mail,city,country,cat_id,user_id

Hope this can help

Last edited by gianfrancolupi; 08-26-2012 at 10:53 PM. Reason: .
Old 08-26-2012, 11:57 PM
Mosets'd

Yes. I am sure it works fine, but the issue I am having is obviously common in these forums. It says it imports correctly, but it shows blank. As mentioned... I have checked my headers 50 times. Did you see my attachment? I would love it if you could show me what I am doing wrong, but it says it is importing successful but none of the listings show. I will attach again.

I have been working on this one thing for a week now and really need some help or I can no longer use this product. I had hoped for help somewhere here, but still waiting??? Even submitted a ticket. No response.
Attached Files
File Type: csv banktravelcomplete.csv (67.6 KB, 26 views)
Old 08-27-2012, 01:02 AM
Mosets'd

Well, the file is quite good but missing the most important column, the category id (cat_id).

The import process say quite always ok, but without the category ID Mosets don't know where to store these data.

Check which cat_id number are you using and create a new column, then the import will works

Let me know.
Old 08-27-2012, 04:25 AM
Mosets'd

I appreciate your responses! I do. I had the cat_id which is 76 in a coupe of the csv files I tried to upload. I literally tried 50 variations some with and some without the category id... because mosets directions says the only must header is link_name ... so I tried with and without category id and get the same thing... successful import, but all show blank. Seriously... I tried it all. But something is not quite right???? I will even give someone the login to try it... the site was just built so there is not much to it or alterations to affect this programming.
Old 08-27-2012, 05:12 AM
Mosets'd

No worries, we’ll do it

Yes, the directions are not very clear, but I learned that is important to name all the columns with the correct associated field, the order isn’t relevant but the name yes.

So, within your file I saw two columns without a properly name (29 and 30) I removed them and added the cat_id 76 at the end.

Please try the attached file and let me know.
Attached Files
File Type: csv banktravelcomplete.csv (54.1 KB, 46 views)
Old 08-27-2012, 07:38 AM
Mosets'd

Oh my goodness you are on to something!!! It worked! BUT, I need the 29 and 30 because they are custom fields. The Mosets directions says to add them as just a number "from what i understand." This is the id numbers for the custom fields I created. Is there anyway to make those work too?

Thank you again for hope!! I would hug you if I could!
Old 08-28-2012, 02:07 AM
Mosets'd

What is the name of the fields 29 amd 30?

...hugs are always welcome
Old 08-28-2012, 02:27 AM
Mosets'd

Smile

You got it!

Yes, those are the numbers for the custom fields.
Old 08-28-2012, 02:35 AM
Mosets'd

...not the ID, but the "Caption" like Address, City, etc

Which name you gave at these fields?
Old 08-28-2012, 02:41 AM
Mosets'd

Ooops!
29 is Address 2
30 is Contact
Old 08-28-2012, 03:31 AM
Mosets'd

Well, at first delete all the items you have imported before.

Then, try to import the first file (v1)

If the first file does not works, you have to modify within Mosets the name of the field “Address 2” into “Address_2”, because maybe the “_” (underscore) is important, and try to import the second file (v2)

….enjoy
Attached Files
File Type: csv banktravelcomplete_v1.csv (69.2 KB, 12 views)
File Type: csv banktravelcomplete_v2.csv (69.2 KB, 14 views)
Old 08-29-2012, 01:01 AM
Mosets'd

Sorry to report, but neither of the files worked even after I changed to Address_2. I know the directions for Mosets says to use the id number. Not sure what to do. Works without the custom fields, but I have to have them. I'll just keep working on it??? Thank you!!!
Old 08-29-2012, 03:08 AM
Mosets'd

So, the problem is for sure within the custom fields, maybe there is some wrong setting on the kind of field (eg. email instead link).
If you can provide me via IM a login to your site I can have a quick look

Last edited by gianfrancolupi; 08-29-2012 at 03:09 AM. Reason: .
Old 08-30-2012, 10:51 AM
Mosets'd

Default any luck

Hi there, I am having the same problem. I am learning Mosets on a completely test joomla site. I set up 3 listings manually, got that all sorted and tried to learn MT_import. Same problem though. I even exported the three I had, changed the text a little, and tried to re-import, but again was told "successful" but no listing there. I have removed the custom fields to see if that helped and also added new item_ID, but that did not work. . would love to know how to make this work
Old 08-30-2012, 11:29 AM
Mosets'd

Thumbs up found it!

In my case, it was all in the distinction between file types. In excel, there are a number of ways to create a comma seperated file - save as type: "CSV (comma delimited) or "CSV (MS-DOS)" or a "Text (MS-DOS)"

Only the first worked - it must be saved exactly as a "CSV (comma delimited)" none of the other formats work. Once I did this, even the custom fields, with the id number as the header, worked perfectly. Thanks goodness.

Ciao!
Old 08-30-2012, 11:35 AM
Mosets'd

Default core field name changes & mt_import

also found that if I had changed the name of a CORE field, the original name OR the field number had to be used to import. the new name given wont work. eg if the Name field is now called Last name, you must use 1 as the field header, or list_name, then it works perfectly.

Old 01-25-2013, 11:48 PM
Mosets'd

Default MT Importer Bad / Not very useful instructions

Hi,

I am having the same problem - the documentation is to be honest very poor for a paid extension and the MT importer is the main reason we purchased it.

Please guys can you add some decent instructions? Will report back on how I get on.....
Old 01-26-2013, 12:35 AM
Mosets'd

Default Still Not Working

Hi,

tried pretty much all that I can see as recommended on the forum and extension but still not working.

Attached is a small sample of the CSV file and some screenshots of my custom fields and categories can anyone see what I may be doing wrong? Have created some custom fields and renamed some of the existing ones does this make a difference? Also saved file as CSV comma delimited.

Thanks
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Categories.jpg (36.5 KB, 62 views)
File Type: jpg custom-fields.jpg (77.1 KB, 63 views)
Attached Files
File Type: csv small-sample-data.csv (936 Bytes, 7 views)

Last edited by martinhazell; 01-26-2013 at 12:46 AM.
Old 01-26-2013, 07:07 PM
Mosets'd

Smile

Hi martinhazell, in the sample csv file, your headings - church_id, church_name, church_links, church_address - are these 1) custom fields, or are they 2) core fields which you have just changed the name of? If 1. Custom Fields, you need to put in the field ID number - the number in the first column when you look at your fields. If CORE fields, with the name just changed in the Caption field, then you need to use the original name. eg if the Address CORE field had it's caption changed to Church_address, then you should use Address, not the caption. also found that the name of the field is case sensitive. Hope that helps. I have used this several times now and it has worked well, IF I follow the instructions provided exactly!
Old 01-26-2013, 07:14 PM
Mosets'd

Also ... make sure your original name and description fields are called link_name and link_desc - if you don't call your fields this in the csv file, then it may not work.

I also found that the name of the field is case sensitive eg Link_desc wont work, link_desk does.
Old 01-28-2013, 08:55 PM
Mosets'd

Default 1 million thank You's

Dear Karen,

all I can say is thank you so much - all of your tips and advice saved me allot of headache I just wish they would include this information for all to see in their documentation.

You're the best!

Regards

Nick

Old 01-29-2013, 07:57 AM
Mosets'd

My pleasure .. glad it is working as when it does, it is a great function.
Old 02-11-2013, 06:29 PM
Mosets'd

Default Having problems with csv import

I to am struggling to get the importer to work. i just can not seem to get it to import, I hwsve tried, what i think, is every combination but i must be missing something. I have attached a copy of the csv import file. Please any help would be welcomed.
Attached Files
File Type: csv FSG 2013 IMPORT Cat_ID Numbers one line lowercase.csv (559 Bytes, 5 views)
Old 02-12-2013, 08:53 AM
Mosets'd

Hiya, I had a look at the CSV file, and suggest the following:

1. you don't need the link_desc AND the description field. if the Description field is a custom field, then it should have the field number. delete this from the file you are importing;
2. in my previous post I noted that the field names are case sensitive - you have Fax instead of fax, which could mess things up.

Also check that you are creating a CSV (Comma Delimited) and NOT a CSV (Windows) or CSV (Mac) file.

if in doubt, I always download the sample - a link to it is available within the text of the MT importer component. That is a great thing to have.

Hope this helps. I have used this many times now and it works perfectly - if ever I have a problem, it has been my fault, so check you csv file carefully.

:-)