Go Back   Mosets Community > Mosets Templates > Kinabalu

Old 10-26-2014, 03:55 AM
Mosets'd

Question Can you Provide me STEP by STEP instructions to make a Duplicate (Multiple) Directory

I would like to make a Duplicate (multiple) Directory on my website. I purchased Mosets Tree, 36 hours ago, and I am ready to make it work. I have uploaded and installed pkg_mtree-3.5.11 on my website. I have created a menu item called DIRECTORY.

I would like to create a second (2nd) directory under a different Menu Item, with different information (directory) than what is listed under the Menu Item, called DIRECTORY.

My website name is: www.MudDogging.com

The 2nd directory I would like to create, would be under the Menu Item called: OFF-ROAD PARKs

Can you provide me with Step by Step instructions, to make a 2nd Directory, that contains a different directory of information, under that Menu Item called OFF-ROAD PARKs

NOTE #1: The information (directory created under OFF-ROAD PARKs) will be totally different than the information (directory) listed under the Menu Item called: DIRECTORY

NOTE #2: I read through this forum and found information, that is at least 3 or 4 years old concerning this question, YET, I am sure you have upgraded the process, to making a 2nd and 3rd Totally different Directory under different Menu Items, less difficult. I Hope

THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP

Last edited by timothymclaurin; 10-26-2014 at 03:58 AM.
Old 10-26-2014, 10:16 AM
Mosets'd

Hi,

Just create another top level category for this and then menu link to that category. That category can have also subcategories well ...
In category setting then you can assign which custom fields will be used for each category. Also configuration you can set for each category separate. Same with template, you can craete - copy template and set all settings different for each category if you will assign that template to category (I mean kinabalu template in Mosets)

So how you did first ''Directory'' category and linked to menu item ''Directory'' same way do with second category ''Off road parks'' ...

Important: dont forget to put there Hummer H2
Old 10-26-2014, 01:29 PM
Mosets'd

Thumbs up It WORKED! Yet, I have a couple of other questions that I need help with.

I will be sure to add the HUMMER H2 Yet, the HUMMER is listed under the Menu Item: 2014-2015 Trucks & AWDs. I also have many videos of the HUMMER going through a lot of MUD and the HUMMER is a Really GOOD Vehicle !!!

In any case:

When I made the DIRECTORY menu item, under Mosets Tree, I chose the 'Menu Item Type': HOME

It did Not ask me to 'Select a Category', yet the next one (OFF-ROAD PARKs) did ask me to 'Select a Category'.

When I made a 2nd category, I named it OFF-ROAD PARKs. I then made a new Menu Item called: OFF-ROAD PARKs. It asked for the 'Menu Item Type', so I chose: CATEGORY (Not HOME)

It then (also) asked me to Select a Category, so I chose: OFF-ROAD PARKs (the category I made)

I then made a category under OFF-ROAD PARKs, and called it: UNITED STATES

I did make a 'copy of the default (kinabalu) template that was with the $119 package I purchased, and named it, so I could find it. *I assigned it to the category i created under OFF-ROAD PARKs, called: UNITED STATES.

Now 'Categories' shows up, under OFF-ROAD PARKs. It does Not have all the categories listed under the Menu Item: DIRECTORY, of which, is GREAT!

YET, under the Menu Item OFF-ROAD PARKs, there, in the bottom right hand corner is a message that says: Add Your Listing Here

How do I remove that? I do not want everybody adding listing's. (It might be a part of the other extensions I have installed, that is, EasySocial, EasyBlog, EasyDiscuss and Komento)

Then, my Next question might be complicated: I would like my directories to look Exactly like your Demo at the web address: http://www.mosets.com/tree/tour/ , including the colors. It looks GREAT !!!

Yet, on your webpage http://demo.mosetstree.com/module-positions.html , it looks like I can Not make that Directory Webpage, with the colors, using the template included with the $119 purchase.

Can it be done with what I purchased for $119.00?

THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP, ONCE AGAIN
Old 10-26-2014, 06:13 PM
Mosets'd

Hi,

- remove ''Add listing here'' - under category on right side turn off ''Allow listing submission''

On demo site is used Kinabalu template (for Joomla web) so need to purchase that or use some similar.
In your first link Mosets tree looks like that few years ago, now its different.

Btw. my suggestion - dont use ''sufix'' in your url, turn it off in Joomla configuration. Also you have too many menu items. Menus in two lines does not looks well.
Your web is slowly, probably hosting not so good.
Old 10-27-2014, 12:18 AM
Mosets'd

Question GREAT Information

I have one (1) other question, for now.

I can Not find the template that came with the $119 package that I purchased. It is not listed under Template Manager. Only the Joomla templates (that come with Joomla) are listed under Extensions / Template Manager.

Why is it not listed under the Template Manager of Jooma 3.x?

And, can I get the (Limited) Mosets Tree template to show up under Template Manager?

MANY MANY THANKS
Old 10-27-2014, 02:34 AM
Mosets'd

Hi Mosets Tree template which is included in package, is not Joomla template for whole website, it is just template inside Mosets Tree which handle Mosets Tree function and design. So it is the template what you found and Mosets Tree menu, not Template manager in Joomla.
Btw. personally I think Protostar core Joomla template is great piece and with some css modification you can have really nice looks. (btw. that green backround looks not so well for my eyes)