Mosets Community

Mosets Community (http://forum.mosets.com/index.php)
-   Discussions, Troubleshooting & Problems (http://forum.mosets.com/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   Captcha working only on Joomla core templates (http://forum.mosets.com/showthread.php?t=20478)

sergeyrazarenov 01-16-2013 07:11 AM

Captcha working only on Joomla core templates

Captcha working only on Joomla default templates

When i change from Joomla default template to any other templates like YOO templates, Joomla Art templates, I did not see the Captcha on the write review and other pages.

Any ideas how to fix that?

sergeyrazarenov 01-16-2013 07:14 AM

I just checked Mosets Demo site, the captcha also did not working there

Anyone have the same problem???

dknight 01-17-2013 09:31 PM

I was testing with one third party template, but wasn't able to replicate the problem. This functionality isnt template dependent, it should work regardless of the template you use.

Re: demo

Captcha isn't enable in the demo.

sergeyrazarenov 01-17-2013 09:45 PM

I was testing on localhost. If i will upload to the hosting, it will solve the problem?
I am trying a lot of templates on my localhost and captcha working only on joomla default templates like Atomic, when switch to any other templates i did not see the captcha, only word Captcha:

My joomla installation and mosets installation is new.

sergeyrazarenov 01-17-2013 11:09 PM

this is what i mean:
http://reainus.com/test/site-map/art...1-liopa/review

I can give you login details and you can try any other templates, all third party templates which i try, did not show me the captcha, only default joomla templates like Atomic

I have added ReCaptcha public and private keys, also set Default Captcha: ReCaptcha

Still not working

sergeyrazarenov 01-18-2013 03:27 AM

I am still trying to fix problem and find some free templaes where i can see the Captcha, but other templates still not show me Captcha.

JoomlaArt and YooTheme templates (this is not free templaes) not show Captcha, what can be the problem? What blocking ReCaptcha? Any Ideas?

sergeyrazarenov 01-19-2013 10:45 PM

Any help? Please
I need to fix that urgently

dknight 01-21-2013 10:33 PM

Have you checked if Captcha is working on Joomla's core extension? For example, does it work if you publish it to Joomla's Register or Contact form? If it doesn't work, then the issue is likely coming from your template.

sergeyrazarenov 01-21-2013 11:03 PM

yes, Captcha working on joomla core extensions
http://reainus.com/test/using-joomla...istration-form

but on Mosets review page not working
http://reainus.com/test/site-map/art...1-liopa/review

So the issue is not coming from my template

adrianrossetto 01-23-2013 09:28 AM

Same issue with Captcha and Mosets 3.0.3

Running Mosets 3.0.3 on Joomla 2.5.

Joomla's core recaptcha works fine on my Joomla's core contact form but will not work with Mosets review function giving the error Captcha plugin not set or not found. Please contact a site administrator

I could not find any working captcha on your Mosets demo? Can you or other users confirm that Captcha function actually is confirmed working in Mosets 3.0.3?

Lenfitz 01-23-2013 06:25 PM

I'm using mosets reCaptcha sucessfully on a rocketheme template ximenia.

reCaptcha works fine on review, report.

With your template does reCaptcha work on report? or not? You have report set to registered users only so I cannot check.

Perhaps just for "testing purposes" goto rocketheme and download one of their freebie templates and see if you still have the issue. You can switch between templates without issue in the joomla admin template manager.

On your template you have a number of javascripts running which "may be" clashing with reCaptcha.

Once you have identified it's your particular template you then need to try and isolate which script is causing the issue.

Good luck.

sergeyrazarenov 01-23-2013 07:09 PM

Captcha is working only on Contact Us and Registration forms.
No Captcha on Report, Review and other mosets pages where it must be.

I am still waiting reply from dknight, as he tell me that Captcha should work on any template.

Lenfitz 01-23-2013 07:45 PM

Do you have any 3rd party components/modules/plugins running?

Does your template come with non-standard joomla addins?

Does your recaptcha work with mosets when you use the standard joomla template EG: Bees20 etc?

If you do a google search you will find that some addins cause a clash of recaptcha. Templates do not cause clashes. It's the 3rd party plugins and addons that template creators incorporate into their templates that do.

Hope this helps.

sergeyrazarenov 01-23-2013 11:45 PM

my joomla is new installation of 2.5.8 with new installation of mosets tree 3.0.3, no other 3rd party components/modules/plugins was installed

my joomla was downloaded from joomla website, no addons was installed.

recaptcha work on mosets when i use default joomla templates, when i trying to install new one like yoo theme or joomlaart templates, recaptcha not working on review, report mosets pages, only working on joomla contact form and registration form.

adrianrossetto 01-25-2013 07:16 AM

Captcha Issue

It would be very nice if Mosets support could get to the bottom of this issue. Seems that I am not the only one not getting captcha to work on Mosets latest version?

Lenfitz 01-25-2013 09:43 AM

http://www.yootheme.com/support/question/14692

It appears yootheme have recaptcha issues. Apparently they want you to buy their recaptcha plugin from what I can tell...

I'd be looking for another template supplier. When you cannot use something as important as recaptcha with their templates and they want you to purchase their recaptcha plugin that sets alarm bells ringing for me.

I've never had any issue with rockettheme templates i've used with mosets for over 5 years.

Rockettheme do have free templates that are super fast.

http://www.rockettheme.com/joomla-downloads/113-free

Good luck fellas. Hope you get it sorted soon.

adrianrossetto 01-25-2013 12:26 PM

Template not the issue for me

I have tested it with the basic Beez5 template and no recaptcha showing in Mosets review so the problem is not the template

adrianrossetto 01-26-2013 06:14 AM

My Error

My Error, you are absolutely right - Captcha on Mosets does conflict with some templates, and yes Yootheme templates are 1 culprit - I managed to get it working in Beez2 template, the reason it was not showing up before when I tested with Beez2 was that even though I had Captcha parameters set in User Manager, I actually had not set it in the Site Configuration section of Joomla. Once I had set it there it worked for Mosets Review

Lenfitz 01-26-2013 06:30 AM

The main thing is your one step closer to a solution. By isolating the template as the source if you wish to continue using your template you are going to next have to isolate what is the cause of the clash.

I'd be looking at your javascript modules which are more than likely the culprits for a clash with reCaptcha as reCaptcha also uses javascript dependant. Try to disable the javascripts one at time. This way you will find the culprit and your template supplier might have a solution once you know what is going on. By disabling them one at time reCaptcha will magically be displayed.

View your page source on report or review page and see what other javascripts are running. Right click mouse on that page and select view source.

Good luck.

adrianrossetto 01-30-2013 05:00 AM

Fixed the issue

Finally I was able to fix the Captcha issue on a test site using Joomla 2.5.6 and Mosets 3.03 that was using a yootheme template.

I installed the Jquery Easy plugin and enabled only in review pages, inserting */review into the 'Enable Only In Pages' section

In the "Add Scripts section" I inserted /media/system/js/mootools-core.js to pull in the Mootools script needed for the AddEvent function that was the problem issue and everything seems to work fine now.

adrianrossetto 02-08-2013 02:08 PM

Keycaptcha and Mosets

After getting recaptcha to work on my site with a yootheme template I then set about getting Keycaptcha to work, which in my opinion is a better alternative to recaptcha due to recaptcha often being difficult for users to read. Having the latest version of Mosets 3.03 installed, Keycaptcha would not work, as it was designed only to work with early Mosets versions.

After communicating with Keycaptcha they showed exceptional support and assisted me in getting Keycaptcha to work with Mosets. I believe that a Keycaptcha plugin update will be forthcoming that will support latest Mosets for those that are interested in this alternative