Mosets Community

Mosets Community (http://forum.mosets.com/index.php)
-   Discussions, Troubleshooting & Problems (http://forum.mosets.com/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   Google Maps not showing MT 3.0 (http://forum.mosets.com/showthread.php?t=21786)

christophercook 01-05-2014 10:04 AM

Google Maps not showing MT 3.0

Hello. I'm using the Kinabalu template with MT 3.0. When I set the map to display in the details page all goes well (map shows) until I add an image to the listing.

Any suggestions?

Thank you.

williamdickinson 01-10-2014 09:50 PM

Google Maps and Listing image mutually exclusive???

Christopher, I have the same problem, although I can have an image loaded into the listing and maps shows up fine in the Detail Listing until I try to display the image. The image then shows and the map no longer displays. If I configure Kinabalu to skip the 1st image, the map now shows up as long as don't have more than 1 image loaded.

It looks like for some reason it's not possible to show both ANY listing image and the Google map simultaneously in the Detail Listing on the front end. There is a problem somewhere and I need to get this corrected for my customer ASAP.

I wish we'd get a response! :confused: :(

christophercook 01-11-2014 11:45 PM

Hello William. I first want to share with you that I discovered a faster response time if you send a private thread to Mosets lead development team. Lee is really good at posting replies in a timely manor (Of course you must have an active subscription to post there).

With that said, I will share with you (in brief, if possible) what I have learned.

Lee mentioned that there must be a jQuery conflict somewhere in the code preventing the Map from displaying. He was right. I spent several hours last night finding the conflict on my site. It had to do with the template that I purchased v. Mostes Tree.

The first thing that you want to do is 'View Page Source' after the listing details page loads in your browser. There you might find in the upper section of the code more than one reference to jQuery. There MUST only be one reference for JavaScript to work properly (two lines of code).

The first ting you can try, and probably the fastest, is to navigate your back-end to the Mosets Treee 'Configuration' page. Once that page has loaded then add to your browser the following... '&show=all' then press enter. The configuration page will show extra fields. Navigate to the 'Core' tab and scroll to the very bottom. There you will find a field to 'load_js_framework_frontend'. select NO then save. Reload your page and see if this fixed the issue. If not, then read on...

This did not fix my issue but it gave me the idea to try a specific work-a-round. After looking closer to my 'view page source' I noticed that MT template was still injecting the 'jQuery.NoConflict()' code, the second line of jQuery code as mentioned above, into the page (This is needed for the ratings to work).

At this point I tried a few scenarios and here's where I'm at as of this writing... I edited the site's main template .php file and remarked out (<!-- -->) the two lines of JQuery code. I then went back to the MT configuration page and in the 'core' tab, as mentioned above, I set the 'load_js_framework_frontend' to YES and on that same configuration page there is a field called 'relative_path_to_js_library' where I pointed to the main template JS folder.

Not only did this fix the issue with Google Maps but it also fixed the Lightbox effect. Now they both work. At this point I'm not sure about the permanent effect that this will have on other pages of my site. My next chore is to find out what this might have effected in a negative way...

... at least my MT listing details page is working!

Cheers,
Chris

christophercook 01-12-2014 12:53 AM

Well. I found the first thing that my configuration broke. By changing the path to the main site's template JS, now the 'Edit Listing' does not work properly.

Back to the think tank!
C.

williamdickinson 01-12-2014 11:36 PM

Thanks for the ideas, Chris, but I still have my problem. BTW - I DID submit my problem/question via Priority Support on Friday and still haven't her back from them.

christophercook 01-19-2014 10:44 AM

Hi William.

Any luck yet in figuring out the issue on your site?

Thank you.
Chris

williamdickinson 01-19-2014 12:11 PM

Heard from support

Chris:
I did hear from support and they told me that, because of the number (4) of jsquery entries, I should try installing and configuring JQuery Easy to help sort them out. I did install the free plug-in, but haven't had a chance to complete the configuration yet. I've actually been out of town and will be for another week. We're just doing without the pictures in detail mode for the time being. According to the way the plug-in works, it should take care of the problem by consolidating the JQuery sources into a common one and repointing the scripts. I'm optimistic, but need to actually finish the config.