PDA

View Full Version : Restrict add listings user groups

simonrodway
05-31-2012, 06:49 PM
Hi
I want to create a Joomla site with 2 types of members using CB and CB Subs, with Mosets as a core component. I only want one set of members to be able to add listings. Is there a way of doing this? I'm guessing that the code in the Add Listings field would need changes, as there are only the standard options of Public and Registered in the admin panel?
I am aware of Payments Plus etc, but I will only be using CB Subs as a subscription option.
Thanks.

royhouston13771
02-03-2014, 09:50 PM
I am bumping this up as I would like to know the same thing. I want to have a subscription plan and only those subscribers can post a listing. Also using CBsubs and Latest version of mosets tree.

royhouston13771
02-05-2014, 12:41 AM
I figured out a sort of restriction with CBSubs and mtree. I will post steps and such after a bit more testing. I will say this though, the method I am testing will NOT limit the number of listings a paid member can post but it seems that it WILL restrict posting listings to paid members. Not ideal but better than nothing I suppose. stay tuned for more info.

ismojivakko
05-26-2014, 08:02 PM
I figured out a sort of restriction with CBSubs and mtree. I will post steps and such after a bit more testing. I will say this though, the method I am testing will NOT limit the number of listings a paid member can post but it seems that it WILL restrict posting listings to paid members. Not ideal but better than nothing I suppose. stay tuned for more info.

What kind of solution did you use? I'm also trying to figure this out at the moment.

petercralen
06-24-2014, 09:19 AM
I never used that CBSubs, but if you can manage menu with it, then just show that menu item for ''add listing'' to your member group instead of using that button builded in Mosets.

brentfriar
07-11-2014, 05:25 AM
You can accomplish this with AEC. Not only can you control who can post a listing, you can control how many listings they can post.