PDA

View Full Version : Custom Fields Grouping

appwebsolutions
02-04-2012, 05:00 PM
Hi There!

Is there any way to group Custom Fields according to Categories? Like in Arts > Model category, you would only need fields that are related to the Model characteristics but don't need other fields like Address, Price, etc. This is also applicable to other Categories that has specific required fields.

Thanks!

dknight
02-04-2012, 07:24 PM
Hi there,

No, this is not available. Currently custom fields, once published are made to all categories. This is something we are working on for future updates.

appwebsolutions
02-05-2012, 04:35 AM
dknight,

Thanks for the info at least there is something to hope for in the future release. We really like mosets tree and been playing around with it for our business listing service. Just founding out pros and cons about the feature set.

ryanarmishaw
03-06-2012, 10:53 AM
Hi there,

No, this is not available. Currently custom fields, once published are made to all categories. This is something we are working on for future updates.

I am VERY interested in this! I will have a large number of items/services - some will need prices, and others just can't have a set price next to them.

I'd be happy if I could leave Price blank, and have the field NOT appear. But, that doesn't work. If left blank, it shows up as FREE??! Crazy! That is way worse :)

Any word on a fix soon? It has been quite a while...