PDA

View Full Version : Custom field in category

giuseppemariomalac
04-07-2010, 04:35 PM
Hi, I've a very fast question.

If I buy Mosets Tree and I use Kinabalu template is possible to show only some custom fields for every category?

dknight
04-07-2010, 06:13 PM
The way custom fields work in MT is this. As long as you have data entered for a listing, it will be shown. When left empty, it will not be shown in front-end. This is independent of the template you are using.

giuseppemariomalac
04-15-2010, 02:56 PM
Dear Lee, thank you very much for your answer but maybe I was not so clear in my request.

I need a different data entry mask for every category.

My problem with Sobi2 is that if I want:

Category A with custom field X, Y, Z, J, Y
Category B with custom field X, Z, K, W
Catogry C with custom field Y, W

I need to clone the component.

I hope that if I buy mosets with Kinabalu template you can help us to configure the component, maybe changing the code to allow us a different data entry mask (with only the selected custom field) for every category.

This is very important for us: i know that if i leave a field empty the system doesn't show the field name but I need also a "add link" template page with selected custom field.

Maybe now is more clear... :)

dknight
04-16-2010, 02:16 PM
Have you take a look at M2Calf? It has some instruction that allows you to selectively use a subset of your custom fields in Add Listing page. You can use that in tandem with Kinabalu - just place M2Calf's page_addListing.tpl.php file to Kinabalu template.

appwebsolutions
03-02-2012, 02:02 PM
Hi dknight,

I'm sorry to open this old thread, but I'm trying to do this in MT the latest version on J2.5. Is the tutorial you created for M2Calf (http://forum.mosets.com/showthread.php?t=6964) still valid for the latest version?

Thanks! :confused: