PDA

View Full Version : Font issue - which CSS is being used?

andrewdferguson
10-06-2009, 05:25 PM
I have an issue with the fonts being used when a search result list is displayed: The first one or two properties have the desired font, as specified in default2.css (which I have set as CSS in general setting of the global config. But the next ones change their fonts, and I am at a loss to know where they are picking the new fonts up from. I suspect it has something to do with a line in views/advsearch/tmpl/default.php:

<?php
foreach($this->properties AS $p)
{
$this->p = $p;
echo $this->loadTemplate('property');
}
?>

What is this? Do the properties themselves have a setting held in the DB which is overriding my default2.css?? My clients are getting ratty because I cant work it out, so any help would be great! Thanks in advance.

andrewdferguson
10-06-2009, 05:29 PM
to see this in action, go to murciavillas.com and click on a predefined search menu item on the right hand set of menus.

andrewdferguson
10-06-2009, 05:56 PM
By trawling through the HTML of the outputted page, I have found a STRONG which is causing the font to be made bold at the END of the first property in the search result (this is not closed, and is repeated in each subsequent property), but I am also finding 3 FONT COLOR insructions at the end of third property listing, which is causing the (now bold) font to change color also.

Please, please, if anyone knows: what file generates this HTML code? I have searched and searched, but I cannot find it anywhere! Once I know ehere this is coming from, I can happily doctor the code to rid myself of this extra, unwanted formatting.

Thanks!

andrewdferguson
10-06-2009, 07:05 PM
Bloody-well found it!

In the description for some properties, the client had made format changes (colour, bold, etc) and then had deleted these changes, but this left a font color opening HTML tag, or a font weight opening HTML tag without a corresponding closure!

These get picked up when the HTML is generated and were influencing the next entry in the list!! Would you believe it!